JOB TITLE: Music Score Director for Digital Concert Series & Livestream
REPORTS TO: Music Director and Executive Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Music Score Director for Digital Concert Series & Livestream is responsible for selecting and calling the shots to be used in the recording and live-streaming of the WSO’s digital performances in the 2021-2022 season. The Director will work closely with the Music Director, Director of Operations, the Switcher and Production Team to prepare and select all camera shots to best highlight the music being performed and call all camera shots during performances.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Cameras and available camera shots: working with the Production Team, understand what camera shots are available and identify the camera shots which best highlight the orchestra and individual musicians/sections
- Music preparation: at the direction of the Music Director, prepare each score with desired camera shots prior to the first orchestral service at which filming occurs
- Attend and call all camera cues at seven (7) concert-recording services and six (6) livestream services; call all camera cues at the dress rehearsals for each of the afore-mentioned services
- Working with the Director of Operations, ensure that we are working within time constraints outlined by applicable collective bargaining agreements
- Attend virtual weekly Production Team meetings
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Proficient reader of orchestral scores; orchestral conducting experience preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of orchestral repertoire and concert protocols
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, union environment
- Ability to think on your feet and, working with the Production Team, change camera shots on-site if a desired camera sequence does not work; must possess the ability to stay calm, think clearly, and maintain a professional demeanour under pressure
- Must demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently
- Flexibility and proficiency in organizing and completing several tasks and/or conversations simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with Music Director, musicians, staff, stage crew, and guest artists
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work as part of a high-functioning team
- Ability to work flexible evening and weekend hours
EMPLOYMENT DATES: Mid-August, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
Possibility to extend through May 2022 pending ongoing COVID-19 restrictions.
SALARY BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
HOTEL PROVIDED IF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS NOT LOCAL
TO APPLY: Please email your resumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled