The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a non-profit organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations and non-arts partners in promoting, developing and realizing creative activity. Our energies are focused on providing our community with valuable services like Artspeak Gallery, Art.Work workshops, Individual grant consultation, an in-office resource library, and our website which hosts resources, a community arts calendar, and the weekly arts notes newsletter.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) will strive to enhance the economic and social well-being of the community by:
- Strengthening the arts through leadership, education, advocacy and promotion;
- Creating and expanding opportunities for diverse activities that connect the community through participation in the arts
- Enrich the quality of life in our region by increasing awareness of the arts and its value.
We will achieve this Mission through:
- Education and programming focusing on professional development;
- Advocacy for arts and arts organizations;
- Building mutually beneficial partnerships;
- Facilitation of communication and awareness of arts and arts related activities;
- Increased accessibility and relevance of the arts and arts-related activities for/within our region
The Vision of the ACWR is to create a community which:
- There is an enhanced awareness and recognition of the value and contribution of the arts in our region’s overall growth and wellbeing;
- There are strong linkages between artists and the broader public, and these linkages serve as a bond within the community and foster the development of intra-regional and inter-regional partnerships between the arts and other sectors;
- There is an environment in which various artistic discipline thrive and contribute to the economic and cultural growth of the region
The core values which guide and support the ACWR include:
LEADERSHIP: We believe it is important for the ACWR to provide advocacy, support, and constructive input on behalf of our region’s arts community
COMMITMENT: We are driven to enhance and add to the opportunities for artists and arts organizations throughout our region
INNOVATION: We seek new and alternative approaches to develop and capitalize on opportunities within the creative sector
INCLUSIVITY: We build audiences and embrace creative community diversity
INTEGRITY: We operate with transparency and adopt high ethical and professional standards in our conduct
INDUSTRIOUSNESS: We work to help advance the arts as an economic driver in the region
2020 Year in Review
The Arts Council Windsor & Region is very honoured to be working in this community and on this territory. The original caretakers of this land, the Indigenous peoples, lived and thrived prior to colonization – in that regard, we acknowledge the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations, comprised of the Ojibway, the Odawa, and the Potawatomie. As part of ongoing structures of allyship, we work to ensure that space is given to Indigenous cultural perspectives and that these perspectives are respected.