Presented by The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre
A juried competition with $3,000 in total cash prizes!
This competition is open to emerging and established artists anywhere in Canada.
Deadline for submission is March 30, 2019.
Entries will be judged on originality and strength of concept, composition, technique/handling of medium, and clarity of expression. Artists may choose their medium and subject matter. Painting, sculpture and pottery are welcome.
A jury of six renowned experts in the Canadian art field will select the top 25 finalists for a one-month gallery show at the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre during the month of July 2019, in conjunction with the 14th annual Art at the Pumphouse Original Art Show and Sale, August 3 and 4. The decision of the judges is final. For juror’s bios click here.
Finalists are responsible for delivery and pick up of their works to and from the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre.
- Top prize of $2,500
- Second prize of $250.
- Third prize is a “People’s Choice” award of $250, with the winner to be selected by secret ballot of guests to the gallery and Art at The Pumphouse Original Art Show and Sale.
How to Enter:
- Complete the application HERE by March 30, 2019. No extension will be granted.
- Entry fee of $25.00 Cdn must be submitted at time of application no later than March 30, 2019.
- One entry maximum per person.
- Include 1 – 3 images of the piece of work entered, a brief bio and an artist’s statement (100 – 200 words each).
Finalists will be notified by email by June 15, 2019.
Acceptable dimensions of entries:
- Two-dimensional art must be no smaller than 8” and no larger than 36” in any dimension.
- Three-dimensional art must be no larger than 6 ft high X 2 ft long or wide.
Image requirements for entries:
- JPG files should be under 5 MB. Please ensure image is clear with no distracting elements (like walls, furniture, etc.)
- For promotional purposes, finalists will be required to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file by June 15, 2019 – for example 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum.
Employees of the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre and Walker Industries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
Thank you to our Art Competition sponsor, Walker Industries who is committed to the community and supports the arts.
Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre
247 Ricardo Street, P.O. Box 676
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada L0S 1J0
905 468 5455