Submissions, Collections and Outreach Coordinator
Application Deadline: November 2nd, 2018
This is a permanent, full-time position
Starting annual salary range: $30,000 – $34,000, commensurate with experience
Start date: November 12th, 2018 (negotiable)
Announcing a unique opportunity to work at Vtape, a worldwide leader among not-for-profit video distributors. Born from a love of video art, and actively involved in fulfilling the needs of artists, audiences, and arts professionals, Vtape makes its catalogue of 6,200+ video artworks accessible to an active client base of festivals, museums, galleries, educational institutions, community groups, curators, scholars, and diverse public audiences from around the world. Vtape also presents public programming, houses publicly accessible research resources, provides training opportunities and offers expert technical services in video art restoration and digitization.
Working in conjunction with Vtape’s Senior Staff, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Front desk reception, liaising with the public, scheduling class visits, responding to service requests
- Managing new artist’s submissions and adding their titles to the Vtape catalogue
- Finalizing artists’ contracts and coordinating support materials such as stills, CVs, reviews
- Maintaining databases of artists, titles, clients, inventory, and research resources
- Co-managing the flow of new videos to be added to the preview site
- Adding and updating Vtape News and Events on our website and social media
- Exhibition, events and venue assistance, on-site gallery hours
The successful candidate is a video art enthusiast excited to start a career in the not-for-profit arts sector; has some post-secondary education; has a strong interest in the media arts; and is well informed about contemporary art practices. A studio-based arts education in a college or university art program is considered an asset. Computer literacy is a must (Mac experience necessary). Excellent communication skills and an ability to work in a team are important. Fluency in English (oral and written) is a requirement; proficiency in French is an asset.
Vtape is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment.
As an employer committed to employment equity, priority in hiring will be given to qualified persons who self-identify as members of equity-seeking communities, including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Please send your C.V. and/or Resume along with a cover letter by email, with the job title in the subject heading to email@example.com. Address the cover letter to Vtape Hiring Committee, 401 Richmond St. West, Suite 452, Toronto, ON, M5V 3A8.