This competition is open to young filmmakers across Canada to showcase their talent. Filmmakers need not use professional equipment – smartphone films are acceptable. See below for additional guidelines. Co-presented with The House Toronto, The Pearl Project (JF and C), Schwartz Reisman Centre, Prosserman JCC and Toronto Jewish Film Foundation. This program would not be possible without the support of UJA of Greater Toronto’s Kultura Collective.
- Filmmakers must be Canadian
- Filmmakers must be between the ages of 18 to 34
- Filmmakers need not be Jewish, but must be Canadian
- Films should have a Jewish focus, depict a strong Jewish theme or aspect of Jewish life
- Films must be under 20 minutes in length
- Films must be in English or have English subtitles
- Animated films are accepted
- Only one entry per filmmaker
- Films which have been shown in a film festival within the last 10 years
- Multiple entries by the same filmmaker
- Link which are broken/do not work are ineligible
- Links only. No dvds.
- Include in the body of the email your date of birth, your mailing address, your phone number, a brief synopsis and screening history
- There is no submission fee.
- Please note, feedback on submitted films is not a part of this competition
- $1,000 prize for the winning film
- The MNjcc offers the winning film a screening in front of a 2020 TJFS feature film
- The winning film will be announced in September 2019
- A selection committee will view all eligible submissions
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 4, 2019
Send submissions to Deanna Di Lello, Coordinator of Adult Arts and Culture firstname.lastname@example.org