Take your theatre career to the next level with ThisGen Fellowship
thisgen 2021 fellowship – call for applications
Why Not Theatre is excited to announce the 2021 iteration of ThisGen Fellowship. ThisGen Fellowship is a national initiative that supports BIPOC Female, Trans, and/or Non-Binary theatre practitioners get to the next stage in their careers through training, mentorship, guided self-study, and peer-to-peer connection.
We are passionate about creating a future where BIPOC Female, Trans, and Non-Binary people are supported, celebrated, and have the resources and networks they need to thrive in the arts sector. By making connections to institutional leadership, enhancing valuable skill sets, and building a network of peers, ThisGen is a launchpad for Canadian cultural leaders.
12 Fellows will be selected as part of the 2021 cohort, and applicants may apply to participate in either the Director Stream or the Cultural Leadership Stream. The program will run February-June 2021 (exact dates of activity TBD).
All applicants must:
- Identify as Female, Trans, and/or Non-Binary
- Identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Colour)
- Have a practice in theatre with a focus on either Directing or Arts Leadership (artistic direction and/or producing)
- Be available between February-June 2021 for Fellowship activities (exact dates TBD)
- Application Form: Click Here to Apply
- Deadline to apply is Friday, December 4th, 2020 at 11:59pm EST
- Applicants will be notified by January 2021 if they have been successful
For more information visit ThisGen Fellowship.
If you have any questions about the program or the application process, email producer Tom Arthur Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.