Application Deadline: 5pm, Friday, November 29, 2019
As a charitable public art organization, The STEPS Initiative creates some of Canada’s largest and most community-engaged public art initiatives. We transform urban areas into vibrant public spaces, helping artists, community organizations, BIAs, and developers push creative and technical boundaries —- breathing new artistic energy into our community.
Through our social enterprise, we offer high-quality public art management services including construction hoarding exhibits, percent-for-public-art projects, murals, sculptural installations, and public space activations. Under the direction of STEPS’ Program Director and working closely with our program team, the successful candidate will lead our art agency’s activities, including business development, public art curation, service development and market expansion in support of the organization’s social and sustainability mandates.
- Managing agency artist engagement and curation activities
- Implementing agency business development activities
- Delivering public art agency services
- Growing agency brand, reach and reputation
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on agency financial and social impact targets
- Managing the diverse agency project teams required for successful project execution
This is a one-year full-time contract position, with the possibility of renewal. For full role description, requirements and application process, please visit: http://stepsinitiative.com/about/opps/
Image credit: Wenting Li, The City Builders