|There are two paths through the NACIS: you may choose to fill it out as an individual artist or arts worker, or on behalf of an organization, group, or collective. The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. If you’d like to represent both perspectives, you may choose to complete the survey twice.
Aggregate data will be shared with and reported on by the arts service organizations who commissioned the study. You will also have the opportunity to consent to sharing your survey responses with CAPACOA and any other arts service organization(s) you select for the purposes of sector- and region-specific reporting.
Who is behind the NACIS?
The NACIS was co-commissioned by a group of national and provincial arts service organizations representing a range of artistic disciplines across Canada:
- Alberta Craft Council
- Alberta Dance Alliance
- Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
- Alberta Media Arts Alliance Society
- Alberta Media Production Industries Association
- Alberta Music
- Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta
- Atlantic Presenters Association
- Association des groupes en arts visuels francophones (AGAVF)
- Book Publishers Association of Alberta
- Canadian Dance Assembly (CDA)
- Canadian Live Music Association (CLMA)
- Dance Ontario
- Dance Umbrella of Ontario
- Independent Media Arts Alliance (IMAA)
- Fédération culturelle canadienne-française (FCCF)
- Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance (GVPTA)
- Ontario Association of Art Galleries (OAAG)
- Ontario Culture Days
- Ontario Presents
- The Association for Opera in Canada (formerly Opera.ca)
- Orchestras Canada
- Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT)
- Playwrights Guild of Canada
- Regroupement artistique francophone de l’Alberta (RAFA)
- Theatre Alberta
- Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA)
- Writers’ Guild of Alberta
The contributing arts service organizations have retained PRA Inc., a national marketing research firm based in Winnipeg, to administer the survey.