Women of Windsor-Essex… get ready to show off your star power! The 2024 Edele Winnie Women’s Monologue Competition will once again give women from the Windsor-Essex region an opportunity to show audiences and theatre professionals what they can do – and win some cash in the process!
The competition consists of two nights of performances – March 22 & 23 – in front of audiences and a panel of judges drawn from the local theatre industry. All contestants perform on both nights. The first place (gold level) winner will receive $300. The second place (silver level) winner will receive $200. The third place (bronze level) winner will receive $100. All runners up will receive $50 – so no matter what, no participant walks away empty-handed.
To ensure that everyone gets a chance to do their very best on stage, each contestant will receive up to two coaching sessions at The Shadowbox Theatre prior to the performance nights.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE?
1. Contestants must be women (cis or trans), non-binary, and/or gender fluid
2. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age as of 22 March 2024
3. Contestants must live, work, and/or be a student in the Windsor-Essex region
WANT TO REGISTER TO BE A CONTESTANT?
Complete submissions must be received via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 11:59 pm on 10 February 2024 and must include:
1. Contestant’s name, age, email address, phone number, city/town of residence, and city/town where they work or attend an educational institution;
2. Contestant’s top three monologue choices from Edele Winnie’s third book of monologues, OTHER MOTHER GOOSE: monologues for women (available through amazon: http://tinyurl.com/44r94zzk), in order of preference, including the name and page number of each monologue chosen;
3. $20 entrance fee (to be paid via e-transfer to email@example.com)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to time constraints we are limited to 16 contestants in the 2024 Edele Winnie Women’s Monologue Competition so registrations will be accepted on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis. However, if your registration is receive after the event has reached its contestant capacity, you will have the option of being placed on a waiting list in case a contestant needs to drop out of the competition. The entry fee will not be charged unless you are moved from the waiting list into the contestant pool.
To ensure all potential contestants have access to the competition regardless of their economic circumstances, Post Productions encourages members of the community who wish to SPONSOR POTENTIAL CONTESTANTS (by paying their entrance fee) to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.