POSITION: Operations Manager / Maternity Leave
Start Date: June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022
Part time: $20/hr. 20 hrs./week Wed noon-2pm, Thurs-Sat noon-6pm
*Virtual Position. We have a flexible working arrangement that includes remote working options for staff, unless policies permit for our safe return to the gallery.
Location: Sur Gallery, Toronto. 39 Queens Quay East Suite 100
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 23, 2021, 11:59PM ET
We are a Toronto-based, not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to the implementation of art projects, which promote Latin American art in Canada with an emphasis on artistic excellence, critically engaged artistic practices, and hemispheric networks of exchange. Sur Gallery is Toronto’s first gallery space dedicated to the implementation of art projects, which showcase and promote contemporary Latin American artistic practices. Initiatives critically engage with contemporary art providing the opportunity for national relevance and developing global networks of exchange. Sur Gallery is a project of LACAP (Latin American Canadian Art Projects). To learn more about us visit: www.lacap.ca, www.surgallery.ca, or www.surgalleryvirtual.ca.
Reporting to the Director/Curator, the Operations Manager (OP) will be responsible to provide administrative and general office support and execute outreach plans including social media and website management. The Operations Manager performs a number of essential and diverse administrative tasks related to the organization’s day to day operations, communications, financial management, fundraising and development initiatives, strategic planning, and some volunteer coordination. The OP will be self-confident, a highly organized arts professional with strong interpersonal, communication skills and show a positive attitude.
Due to the multifaceted nature of this position, the primary responsibilities of the Operations Manager include:
Marketing & Communications
- Work collaboratively on outreach principles, activities and best practices
- Coordinate promotions and communications related to outreach programs including mass mailings and e-blasts
- Maintain LACAP and Sur Gallery website and digital platform
- Work with the Director/Curator and designer on promotional materials including printed, web and social media outreach strategies required to market events/productions and plan and execute distribution of materials
- Schedule, promote and host different Zoom meetings/events related to digital programming
- Coordinate online initiatives such as Facebook live, Instagram take overs and YouTube Video events
- Develop and maintain current audiences and new relationships with partners and community organizations
- Coordinate and administrate partnership agreements, artist agreements and communications with community organizations
- Administration of sales of tickets to sponsor and partner organizations
- Organize (as required) and attend any events related to LACAP/Sur Gallery
- Maintain Database Functionality
- Develop and maintain all mailing lists including (but not limited to) current and potential audiences, donors, sponsors and partners
- Process donations and event ticket purchases through database
- Develop and maintain reporting and other functionalities of database to support initiatives
- Assist with the development, implementation and yearly updating of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Assist with the preparation, writing, and research of operating and occasionally project-based grants.
- Manage fundraising and development events, projects, and initiatives from conception to completion.
- Manage LACAP/Sur Gallery membership administration.
- Oversee the general administration of facility rentals.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors, sit on relevant committees and assist with Board development and evaluation strategies as required throughout the year.
- Provide administrative support to ensure that executive and operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Provide receptionist services and schedule meetings
- Maintain and order office supplies/materials
- Answer emails and phone inquiries
- Administer Exhibition Assistance applications
- Administer sponsorship applications
- At least 3 years-experience with administration in a non-profit arts organization
- Successful completion of postsecondary education in a related discipline
- A strong knowledge and familiarity of Toronto’s community arts sector.
- Proven ability to diversify earned revenue and establish innovative fundraising strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in website maintenance, social media strategy implementation, database maintenance, word processing, and excel
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Typo 3, and basic web builders (Format, Wix, or Square Space)
- Proficiency in the use of MAC computers and Apple products and their various design software applications
- High level of professionalism
- Experience utilizing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience using online communication platforms such Zoom for Meeting and Webinars
- Flexibility to work extended hours during Gallery events and weekends
- Proficiency in Spanish is an asset
- Knowledge of contemporary Latin American art is an asset
Core Competencies Required for Success:
- Results-Oriented – Ability to work well in often hectic yet creative environment. High degree of flexibility, ability to maintain deadlines under pressure.
- Self-Management – Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relations, communication and problem solving
- Proficiency with MAC – Computer software and applications competency
- Proficiency with Online Platforms such as Youtube, Vimeo and Zoom
Deadline: Friday, April 23, 2021
To apply for this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter of intent, resume and 3 references. We will only contact you if we schedule an interview.