GSM Project, a Montreal-based visitor experience design firm, and its client the Calgary Stampede Foundation is looking for a creative duo, scriptwriter and multimedia creator*, to imagine and execute on the concept for a permanent, 12 to 17-minute multimedia show experience that will live at the future SAM Centre, the only year-round, immersive experience that shares Stampede history, culture, and spirit.
It connects locals and visitors through story-making that is evolving and fun. It’s as much about the future as it is about the past. It’s always relevant and relatable—no matter who you are or where you come from.
The SAM Centre guest experience is at the Schematic Design Phase, in which the multimedia component of the global visitor experience will be developed. At this point, some preliminary thoughts have been developed to describe the experience.
- Phase 1: Script and Preliminary Scenario: February/March 2021
- Phase 2: Final Scenario: April – June 2021
(For info, production will happen in 2022-2023)
What We Are Looking For
- Research the subject (history of the Calgary Stampede, essence of the event then and now) in collaboration with the Calgary Stampede’s in-house historian.
- Develop the storylines.
- Work in close collaboration with the multimedia creator.
Multimedia Creator (scenario, show)
- Bring the storyline to life visually (storyboard).
- Create the approach to the use of media, film, light, sets, props, sound, music.
- Research/explore the Calgary Stampede and its partners’ film archives to identify existing material that can be used in the multimedia experience.
- Work in close collaboration with the scriptwriter.
Submit your expression of interest with background on who you are, what your practice is and which role you are interested in. Feel free to include links to samples of work but don’t spend hours on this— just let us understand your practice, experience and interest at this point.
*Note: Creatives can apply as an individual artist or a group.
Deadline: February 17, 2021
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
These roles will be contracted and managed by GSM Project. Please see attached PDF for more details.
Send via email to Genevieve Angio-Morneau, Creative Director/Cultural Sector Lead GSM Project, at genevieve.angio-morneau@