PROGRAM & ACCESS ASSISTANT POSITION
12 hours / week, 1 year contract
Deadline for Applications: Monday, August 30, 2021, 5 p.m. EST
The Program Assistant will join a small staff team, supporting the work of the organization. This position will also be expected to contribute to shared responsibilities and a collaborative work environment with weekly staff meetings.
ReDefine Arts (established in 2005 as Red Dress Productions) creates and presents interdisciplinary performance and public artworks that embed social engagement and collaborative artistic practices atop a scaffold of community partnerships.
- Support programming, including: research, liaising and collaborating with partner organizations/participants/teammates.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of programs/production, implementation, scheduling, administrative, and production tasks as projects develop.
- Keep RDA social media accounts (Instagram & Facebook) active.
- Support implementation of newsletter releases and social media project posting schedules as outlined by Associate AD.
- Work closely with Associate AD to plan and implement access strategies and access planning and coordination.
- Coordinate tour/guest support (travel, accommodations, itinerary).
- Identify, set up, schedule, and develop steering, programming, and partnership working groups.
- Develop and manage artist contracts.
- Ensure program accessibility such as scheduling ASL interpreters, audio & visual description, and produce/arrange provisions such as captioning, transcripts, image descriptions and other access needs;
- Track and maintain media release and consent and evaluation/feedback forms and surveys.
- Engage in team meetings and email communications.
Knowledge & Attributes
- Appreciation for what ReDefine Arts does, and its mission;
- Lived and/or work experience with BIPOC, Deaf, disabled, LGBTQ2S+ Spectrum communities;
- Knowledge of anti-oppression and consensus-building practices;
- Experience and knowledge of accessibility coordination for artistic & cultural events and community gatherings, including online and in-person activities;
- Sound knowledge of and experience with event planning and experience with event/workshop coordination and facilitation;
- Strong writing, communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively manage time and support multiple and concurrent projects
- Commitment to: community engagement; generating and nurturing equitable spaces for various audiences and communities; working intersectionality and intergenerationally through community-responsive programming;
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital communications and platforms.
The Program Assistant will be hired on a one-year contract, with the possibility for renewal. The first three months is a trial period with a review engagement in January. We are looking for someone who is flexible to shifts in their hours and responsibilities, as this is a new position and may require adjustment over the year. As an itinerant (not bricks and mortar) organization, we work from home offices, with periodic in-person meetings and programming/events.
Position Reports to: Managing Artistic Directors and Associate Artistic Director
Remuneration: $1,008/month (for 48 hours/month, 12 hours of work/week at a rate of $21/hour plus HST with CRA registered account)
Length of Contract: October 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021
Total Value of Contract: $12,096
Please email your SINGLE PDF ATTACHMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Program & Access Assistant” no later than Monday, August 30, 2021, 5 p.m. EST. Include in your PDF document:
- a letter of interest with contact information for two references
- your resume
- links to public social media or projects in which you have played a role (if applicable)
Interviews: week of September 13th
Orientation & Start date: week of October 1, 2021