Maryam Safarzadeh is an Iranian Poet and Visual Artist.
Maryam started painting at the age of 10 and learned many different techniques from various Masters of Painting in Iran. She studied Graphic Design at university and she has been painting since. Her medium is oil colour on canvas but she has experience with all the other mediums.
Maryam has been teaching art and creation for 20 years in various art schools and institutes, as well as in her own studio at SHO Art, Spirit & Performance.
The main subject of Maryam’s paintings are women. She always says that it feels like thousands of women are living inside of her and she voices them through her paintings.
Recent Shows & Exhibitions:
- Art & Soul Auction, AWE, Art Windsor-Essex, July 2021
- Butterfly lane mural projects, Brain Injury Association, August 2021
- “Home” online exhibition, ACWR, Art Council Windsor & Region, September 2021
- Artists in season exhibition, Lakeshore Art Community, November 2021
- Black & White Gala Art, Fernweh Events, March 2022
Memberships & Associations:
- Educator at Arts Can Teach
- Educator at Arts Can Heal
- Educator at Art for seniors, WECCC
- Member of the Education, Engagement & programming at AWE, Art Windsor-Essex
- Member of the Board of Directors at ACWR, Art Council Windsor & Region