Image: Matthew Biederman and Marko Peljhan, STAR VALLEY (ICARUS). Marconi spark-gap transmitter, detail 2018.
Submission Deadline: Friday, July 19th, 2019
PAVED Arts is a dynamic media production and presentation centre that supports experimental work in Photography, Audio, Video, Electronic and Digital Arts. PAVED Arts strives to reflect the cultural diversity of our national community in our programming.
We welcome proposals by contemporary artists, collectives, and curators for the following:
Exhibitions/Production Residencies. Beginning in March of 2019, PAVED Arts has developed exhibition programs that are enhanced with “mini-residency” projects. The two week residency period directly precedes the exhibition opening reception and is intended to allow for access to our production centre and the development of new work. The extended time is also designed to allow for greater contact with the community through workshops and studio visits. Artists and Curators are encouraged to consider a mini-residency period when articulating submissions to PAVED Arts programming.
PAVED Arts provides:
- CARFAC Artist fees
- All travel and accommodation
- Per Diem while in residence
- CARFAC presentation fees
- Access to production facilities and mobile equipment
- (Return) shipping one way
- Billboard printing and installation costs (if applicable)
Our presentation facilities include a 1200 square foot main gallery space, an adjacent, acoustically-separated media gallery, and a programmable (50′ wide x 14.75′ high) billboard space mounted onto the front facade of our building.
In the tradition of artist-run culture, PAVED Arts promotes the idea of the gallery space as a site for experimentation and risk-taking. Artists who engage our centre have benefited from the pliability of our resources as well as the critical dialogue that is encouraged. PAVED Arts is prominently located in the Riversdale district of Saskatoon and draws from the strength and skills of a talented team of cultural workers.
Please review our Mandate and Objectives before submitting: http://www.pavedarts.ca/about/mandate/
Include the following information:
- The area that you are targeting with your submission
- PAVED Arts Main Gallery – 1200 square-foot Main Gallery
- Media Gallery – Adjacent, acoustically-separated media gallery
- Billboard – Shared PAVED Arts/aka artist run billboard space (50′ wide x 14.75′ high) mounted onto the building facade
- Any combination thereof
PAVED Arts Gallery floor plans can be downloaded from here:https://www.pavedarts.ca/wp_cms/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/floorplan_main_gallery.jpg
Indicate project type and include all related information:
Artwork / Project Submissions – Please include:
- A detailed project description (maximum 800 words)
- An artist statement situating your practice (maximum 800 words)
- Installation and technical requirements (including diagrams if applicable)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
NOTE: All texts should be submitted .pdf format
Curatorial Proposals – Please include:
- Curatorial fee expectation for the proposed exhibition (CARFAC does not have a curator schedule)
- A detailed scope of curatorial services. For example; does the curatorial fee include a curatorial essay of (also for example) 1000 words; would the curator(s) travel in lieu of the artists for the installation week; would the curator fee include a public talk/presentation, etc.
NOTE: All texts should be submitted .pdf format
- Review Submission Guidelines here: https://www.pavedarts.ca/submit/billboard-space-submission/
- Audio and video support material should be limited to 5 minutes in duration. Lengthier works cannot be considered in their entirety due to the high volume of submissions.
- Maximum of five audio/video files or a maximum of 20 image files.
- Each audio/video file counts for four image files.
- Include information about the full duration of each work submitted and a description of the intended configuration, in the project description.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Accepted Video Formats:
- .mov or .mp4 quicktime file, H264 codec, (5 minute maximum, 1Gb maximum).
- Video links: vimeo.com, youtube.com
Accepted Audio Formats:
- .aiff, .wav, .mp3, aac. (5 minute maximum)
- Audio links: soundcloud.com
Accepted Image Formats:
- .jpeg format, maximum dimensions of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 72 dpi.
- Files must be numbered in the format: 01_surname.jpg
How to Submit Materials:
Submission materials may be delivered by email, or for larger files Dropbox, WeTransfer, or other suitable large file transfer service may be used. Include website URLs or .pdf copies of publications, press clippings relevant to your proposal.
For more information, please contact:
David LaRiviere, Artistic Director
(306) 652-5502 ext.1
PAVED ART: 424 20th Street West, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Treaty 6 Territory, S7M OX4