FULL-TIME (5 days/week) – Toronto, Ontario
1 YEAR CONTRACT, with possibility of extension (dependent on funding)
LGBT YouthLine is a 2SLGBTQ+ youth-led organization that affirms and supports the experiences of youth (29 and under) across Ontario. We do this by:
- Providing anonymous peer support and referrals;
- Training youth to provide support to other youth; and
- Providing resources so youth can make informed decisions.
Our Values and Strategic Plan can be found at www.youthline.ca.
LGBT YouthLine’s management, staff, and programs have grown in the last year, with over 60% of our team working remotely across Ontario. As we continue to grow and adapt to changing needs of 2SLGBTQ+ youth, we are looking for an Operations Coordinator to provide administrative support to staff, management, and programs. Working closely with the operations team, the role will also lead day-to-day coordination of YouthLine’s donor and partnership databases.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a keen eye for detail. You thrive at and enjoy supporting others to excel at their work, with an ability to instill confidence in others. You are a fast learner who enjoys administrative processes and tasks, playing the supportive role to ensure programs have a larger impact. You have a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism, accessibility, and decolonizing work.
$42,000 – $48,000 per year
3 weeks’ Vacation and additional Sick days
Health benefits (after completion of 3-month probation)
This position will be located in our fully accessible office in central Toronto.
NOTE: Currently all YouthLine staff are working remotely, until further notice.
Staff and Programming (60%)
- Facilitate onboarding and offboarding for staff, including training on internal systems and policies;
- Chair Staff Engagement Committee to support ongoing staff wellbeing, engagement, and social spaces;
- Support program logistics, including volunteer onboarding, welcome package coordination, and ordering supplies and materials;
- Coordinate ordering and mailing of packages for staff, volunteers, programs, and donors;
- Coordinate logistics for travel arrangements, including flight, hotel, and catering;
- Support in the creation and updating of policies, procedures, and guidelines to support staff, programs, and volunteers;
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory; and
- Ensure office space and supplies are appropriately maintained, including troubleshooting any issues with photocopier, computers, or phones.
Donors and Finance (30%)
- Manage and update the donor database, sending tax receipts and invoices;
- Work with Communications Coordinator to implement donor engagement plan, including holiday and pride campaigns
- Support updates to YouthLine’s website on a regular basis;
- Support staff to navigate and submit expenses for bookkeeping; and
- Support with processes for bookkeeping and financial record keeping.
Admin and other (10%)
- Lead correspondence for general information requests, referring to appropriate staff as needed;
- Lead preparation of quarterly/bi-annual reports;
- Assist Board in membership management, renewals and development;
- Support special event committees with logistics;
- Assist the Executive Director with other special projects; and
- Other duties, as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Combination of education and work/volunteer experience in operations, administration, or similar;
- Understands and supports anti-oppression, anti-racism, and de-colonial work through lived, theoretical, and practical methods;
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with the diverse issues facing 2SLGBTQ+ youth;
- Experience and commitment to supporting and working with youth, centering learning and growth;
- Demonstrated experience in project management and organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems/tools;
- Excellent writing, analytic, and verbal/presentation skills with the ability to summarize information appropriate to varying audiences;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment, as well as independently;
- Familiarity with donor management or CRM systems (Little Green Light), an asset;
- Experience with onboarding of staff (or volunteers), an asset; and
- Experience with budgets and bookkeeping, an asset.
- Total hours per week: 37.5
- Location: This position works full-time from our accessible location in central Toronto; some work from home is possible on a regular basis.
- Flexible balance required in scheduling of work (based on deliverables required). Daily work is within normal office conditions but occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- The position is supervised by the Executive Director and is part of our Operations Team, working closely with two other Coordinators.
Application for consideration
LGBT YouthLine only considers applicants that identify as part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Grounded in principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, we prioritize applications from communities that are further marginalized in employment opportunities, including: Black, Indigenous and people of colour, Trans-feminine people, Disabled people, people with experiences of migration, and people who have experiences of poverty. We particularly welcome applicants from these communities who are youth (under the age of 29). Applicants are strongly encouraged to self-identify in their cover letters, which will be kept confidential.
Submit your resume and cover letter focusing on demonstrated skills and examples of relevant experience, why the position appeals to you, and what you can bring to YouthLine.
Due to our limited capacity, only those selected for an interview will be contacted; interviews will be held through zoom remotely.
Please send applications by Sunday, July 11, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Application for Operations Coordinator.