Regina Public Library (RPL) is seeking a Curator, Moving Image and Performance in the Dunlop Art Gallery.
Regina Public Library has been dedicated to enriching the quality of life of the citizens of Regina for over 100 years. RPL’s core mandate is to create enriching educational experiences for the community it serves, while embracing innovation and continuous improvement. Through its Central Library and eight Branch locations, RPL fosters community meeting places that celebrate cultural differences – where citizens unite in the joy of reading, the arts, literacy, and lifelong learning. Please see our website www.reginalibrary.ca for additional information about RPL, our Dunlop Art Gallery and our Film Theatre.
Reporting to the Director/Curator, Dunlop Art Gallery and RPL Film Theatre, the Curator, Moving Image and Performance is responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and supervision of RPL Film Theatre activity. The position will also curate performance art and moving image programming as assigned for Dunlop Art Gallery.
- Curates Dunlop Art Gallery’s In Situ programs and exhibitions as assigned. Curates, plans and coordinates regular and special programming for RPL Film Theatre, conducting research and working with internal and external programmers, partner organizations and film booking agencies regarding film screening operational activity.
- Plans, delivers and evaluates programming, including artist talks, lectures, workshops, panel and roundtable discussions, and film and video programs for the public to support the needs of the community and RPL’s Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Plan. Actively partners with RPL programming units for selected film series and events and attends programming unit meetings as assigned.
- Hire and supervise Projectionists and Cashiers including recruitment, interviewing prospects, scheduling hours, and hosting meetings. Provides customer service training to Cashiers and Projectionists.
- Assists in the preparation, management and administration of the RPL Film Theatre budget and statistics, participating as required in the assessment of Film Theatre programming in consultation with the Director/Curator and Assessment Librarian.
- Works with the Director/Curator to determine funding sources and prepare grant applications for RPL Film Theatre and Dunlop Art Gallery programming in relation to moving image and performance art.
- Co-ordinates the production of Dunlop Art Gallery and RPL Film Theatre published materials as assigned, with support from RPL’s Marketing and Communications Unit.
- Maintains a broad and current professional knowledge of activity in contemporary art and cinema and related fields.
- Carries out other duties essential to the achievement of efficient operations as required.
- A Masters’ degree specializing in art history, film studies, communications, cultural studies or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of art gallery experience, including the organization of exhibitions or related programs.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of, and experience in, Canadian and Saskatchewan historical and contemporary art and cinema.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organize short and long-term projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and to establish and maintain good working relationships with public and staff.
Salary Range: $64,410.45 to $76,700.65 per annum
A review and consideration of applications for this position will begin on November 19, 2019. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regina Public Library
P.O. Box 2311