Kaeja d’Dance is a Toronto-based dance company renowned for creating exceptional contemporary dance work, award winning dance films and education & community programs. Led by founding artistic directors Karen and Allen Kaeja, the company’s signature aesthetic explores the equal partnership of men and women through Contact Dance and utilizes Improvisation as a tool for creation, along with community engaged creative processes and performances with everyday people. Kaeja celebrates themes relating to family history, community and the human condition with athletic intensity and theatrical imagery.
We continue to create original works while respecting physical distancing by employing digital platforms and investigating their use as a part of our artistic creation during this isolation. All staff are currently working remotely. Projects this summer include an online variation of Porch View Dances and preparing for a site-specific augmented reality piece that will be part of the launch of the ArtworxTO’s Year of Public Art in Fall 2021.
This role is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program which prioritizes hiring youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups including those who identify as IBPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, disabled, and/or any other minority, to join our team.
To be eligible the candidate must be Under 30 and a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or officially registered Refugee.
Terms: 8-week contract 35hr/week at $16/hr
Start date: June 21, 2021
This is a remote position: candidates must have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Co-ordinator reports to the Project and Communications Manager and is responsible for supporting marketing and outreach strategies for our upcoming projects including community activation performances Porch View Dances and ArtworxTO’s Year of Public Art . They will work in a small team environment and participate in production meetings where they will develop leadership skills. They will be present at virtual productions to capture photos, testimonials and surveys and assist as necessary. They will also provide communications support for sponsorship and donor recruitment and some administrative support, including consolidating the company’s 30-year history.
The Marketing Co-Ordinator’s responsibilities include:
· Processing and organizing company marketing and performance materials – documents, media material, digital material, web material etc.
· Using a variety of digital systems including Hootsuite, Canva, and Adobe Suite to develop content for social media campaigns including posts, events, and images.
· Communicating with stakeholders and community partners to secure cross-promotion opportunities and recruit participants in activities.
· Gathering footage at virtual events including photos, surveys, and testimonials.
· Working with the company’s historical footage and photos for some projects
· Supporting marketing and communication of all our productions and fundraising campaigns over the summer.
· Preparing and implementing marketing strategies for Kaeja d’Dance’s annual donor campaign.
· Assisting with the creation of a variety of communications materials, including media releases, e-newsletters, and website content.
· Data entry and organization of contacts and donors in CRM software.
· Production support for Porch View Dances and ArtworxTO’s Year of Public Art .
· Assisting with the dissemination of promotional/marketing materials.
· Other marketing, communications and production related duties as required.
How to Apply : Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘CJS Marketing Coordinator’ in the subject line by May 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants, however only those who receive an interview will be contacted.