Application Deadline: December 9, 2019
Start Date: January 6, 2020
Part-time Contract Position: 20 hours per week
Location: Akimbo office at 401 Richmond St. West, Toronto and Home Office
Remuneration: to be negotiated
Akimbo is Canada’s leading online source of contemporary art information and listings. Since 1998, we have promoted our client content through all of our ever-expanding distribution platforms: web, email, mobile, social.
Akimbo is seeking a part time Communications Manager to work closely and collaboratively with the Akimbo team. The candidate will implement Akimbo’s social media strategy by overseeing day-to-day operations and management of active social media channels.
The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative, detail-oriented individual with a passion for social media.
The job will require working four hours per day, generally 9am – 1pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility for more hours during busy seasons. Approximately 4 hours/week of that time is spent viewing exhibitions and events to produce stories and content with.
The Communications Manager will:
- Create an engaging and valuable content experience for Akimbo’s social media followers and clients across multiple platforms
- Develop strategies, tactics and editorial calendars to support business priorities on social media
- Advise on social media integrations to support business priorities
- Grow and foster engaged social media communities while supporting Akimbo’s business objectives
- Monitor and contribute to social media conversations on managed platforms
- Track, analyze, optimize and report on social media engagement to help meet objectives
- Minimum 1 year experience managing several social channels simultaneously in a business or organizational environment
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the Canadian visual art world
- Effective ability to plan, create, and implement engaging content on social media platforms
- Ability to research and apply metrics to analyze and strategize growth of Akimbo’s social media channels
- Active participant on multiple social media platforms
- Knowledgeable about current social media trends and innovations
- Extremely comfortable and highly experienced working with all major social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong capability with at least one social media management tool (Hootsuite, Planoly, Buffer, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (able to crop, resize, export, colour-correct, and create text-based ads effectively)
- Moderate knowledge of WordPress or similar CMS systems
- Time management: reliable and able to follow through on workflow within allocated hours and timeframe – must be able to meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving: demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication: confident written, verbal, and oral communicator
- Writing: able to write engaging copy suitable for all social media channels
- Business Communication: able to communicate with clients professionally
- Friendly: outgoing and able to interact easily and professionally with clients and the public
- Initiative: ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Please email your CV, links to business/organization-related social channels that you personally manage and a cover letter addressed to Kim Fullerton to email@example.com by December 9, 2019. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Akimbo, please visit akimbo.ca.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is important to Akimbo. We encourage applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. The Akimbo office is in a wheelchair accessible building. We strive to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for this position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Kim Fullerton at firstname.lastname@example.org.