JOB CALL: The ACWR is looking for an Administrative Assistant & Programs Assistant!
This project is made available through funding from the Federal Government. You must be 30 or younger inclusive of the whole contracted 8 weeks and are legal to work in Canada.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful applicants will be responsible for creating and posting content on social media platforms; completing daily website updates; assisting with online and on-site cultural events; assisting with front-line communication (phone, email); assisting with the coordination of programs that provide professional development services to artists, newcomers, youth, and persons with disabilities; researching grant opportunities and arts advocacy opportunities; general office and gallery duties, helping with the organization of the ACWR office and ultimately working as a team member with all staff and volunteers at the Arts Council Windsor & Region.
We will be hiring two Canada Summer Jobs candidates each for an 8 week period at 30 hours a week.
The start dates are set as July 6, 2021, and August 24, 2021, but the ACWR is willing to work with applicants and the dates will be discussed with the successful candidates.
Eligibility Requirements/ Skills and Qualifications
– Must be under 30 years of age
– Has an undergraduate degree or is currently completing a degree in creative arts (Visual arts, drama, music etc.) or in a related field
– Has an understanding of social media management and general marketing skills
– Is familiar with Google-powered tools (Docs, Drive, Sheets)
– Has knowledge/ experience working with WordPress, Hootsuite, Mailchimp (Is a plus)
– Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
– Detail-oriented and a strong team player
– Self-starter who can work independently
– Must be able to work remotely
Please submit an updated CV, Cover Letter and the contact information of two references indicating job title, contact information and the relation to the applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application.
** The applications will close on May 18, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Please note that the ACWR is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law.