KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: INSTRUCTIONAL ASSOCIATE – Competition ID: 807
Reporting to Administrative Coordinator, Faculty of Arts, this position assists the Faculty of Arts with overall course delivery in designated departments by assuming responsibility for instruction, student guidance and assessment (including safety quiz marking and participation in the studio component of any course). In addition to instructing students on studio procedures and the use of studio equipment, the Instructional Associate researches, conduct experiments and introduces new materials, equipment and procedures to advance the program. The Fine Arts Instructional Associate’s work may support any program or course offered by the relevant department(s).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the course content, studio equipment and supplies currently used in the program.
- Knowledge of the techniques and safety aspects involved with areas of supervision which could include woodworking, metalworking, mold making, ceramics, photography, digital media, print making, painting and drawing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use studios and provide demonstrations in a studio setting and develop explanations and procedures related to course content. Ability to demonstrate studio techniques.
- A working knowledge of the operation and routine maintenance of studio equipment involved with areas of supervision which could include woodworking, metalworking, mold making, ceramics, photography, digital media, print making etc.
- Studio supervision and teaching experience. Be able to demonstrate studio techniques and have practical experience in these. Proven related teaching experience is an asset.
- Ability to develop and deliver a safety lecture and testing program for fine arts students.
- Preference will be given to applicants with active involvement in the local art community.
Click here for a more detailed job description.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applicants on June 4, 2021.
Apply Here: https://www.kpu.ca/hr/career-opportunities
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.