Part-time summer position, possibility to become permanent.
Canada Summer Jobs funded position.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicant must be legal to work in Canada and must be between the age of 15 and 30 at the start of the job.
- Approximately 20 hours per week.
- During peak times may be up to 35 per week.
- Daytime, weekdays and weekends.
- COVID-19 health guidelines will be followed.
- Work will take place remotely, on location at the gallery in Inglewood, and in pop-up locations around Calgary and area.
- Positive attitude, sense of humour.
- Ability to multi-task, plan strategically, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of native arts and culture a plus.
- Driver’s license and use of reliable car a plus.
- We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2021
Earliest Start Date: June 7, 2021
Summer contract for 10 to 14 weeks.
To apply, send an email to Yvonne Jobin at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, and a resume that outlines your related experience. Please include three work references.
Job Details for the Gallery Assistant
Moonstone Creations gallery assistant helps gallery staff with preparing, assembling, presenting, and selling artwork in the gallery, and at pop-up events.
- Enhance online and in-person sales.
- Increase customer base.
- Increase tourism visitors to the gallery.
- Celebrate and promote the artisans in the gallery network.
- Ability to understand the philosophy and mandate of the gallery, and to become familiar with the different artists and types of art forms.
- Being an ambassador for the gallery.
- Artistic and production skills.
- Ability to sew, cut fabric and leather.
- Experience creating crafts, assembling, preparing artwork for sale.
- Driving, running errands.
- Friendly, comfortable working with the public.
- Experience handling cash, digital transactions, reconciling cash.
- Be honest and bondable.