Date Posted: Nov 14, 2020
Application Deadline: Nov 21, 2020
Start Date: Dec 01, 2020
Salary From: 40K To 50K
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate
Corkin Gallery, founded in 1979, has presented hundreds of exhibitions across all media. Corkin Gallery is committed to the founding principles that moved art history forward and its mandate includes significant works of art across a spectrum of media including painting, sculpture, photography, and installation.
True to its commitment to modernism, and exhibiting iconic works of art, Corkin Gallery features a roster of emerging and mid-career artists from around the globe whose voices and vision are trailblazing the ideas of tomorrow.
Corkin Gallery maintains well-established relationships with private collectors, museums, and corporations worldwide. Our clients range from experienced collectors to first time buyers and our exhibits are always accessible to the public.
The Gallery Assistant works as the first point of contact at the gallery. The successful candidate will coordinate all incoming correspondence, manage scheduling systems, and provide administrative support to the gallery team. Salary is commensurate with experience. Start date December 1st, 2020.
- Greet visitors and provide tours of current exhibitions
- Answer phones/emails and respond to or forward inquiries
- Handle front desk sales
- Maintain and update gallery database, artist files, exhibition documents and related documents
- Assist in writing and updating press releases, website, social media, mailings and exhibition documentation, as directed
- Assist in organizing exhibition openings and events, as directed
- Other administrative duties, as directed
- Minimum 5 years of previous professional experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong administrative, organizational, time-management, research and writing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with social media an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
This position works on-site in the gallery. COVID-19 Safety Protocols are in place to ensure the safety of all staff and guests at the gallery.
Hours of Work
40 hours per week, typically Tuesday to Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm. However, hours of work may vary based on gallery needs.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 21st at 11:59pm. We thank all those that apply for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.