GLADSTONE HOTEL CALLS TO ARTISTS
Calls are now open for two exhibitions at the Gladstone Hotel: Nuit Blanche 2019 and Come Up To My Room 2020.
FLY BY NIGHT 2019: Nuit Blanche at the Gladstone Hotel
Event date: Saturday, October 5, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 11, 2019
We are currently seeking proposals from Canadian artists (solo or group) to transform the Gladstone’s lobby and Art Bar (separate opportunities) for Fly By Night: Nuit Blanche at the Gladstone. Artist honouraria provided. For complete details, visit our website.
COME UP TO MY ROOM 2020
Exhibition dates: Jan 16-19, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 23, 2020
Come Up To My Room (CUTMR) is an annual 3-day alternative art and design exhibition created and produced by the Gladstone Hotel. We welcome over 3000 visitors to the exhibition. The 17th annual CUTMR happens January 16-19, 2020 in conjunction with DesignTO and the Interior Design Show (IDS). We invite you to submit a proposal as an individual or as a collective; multidisciplinary teams are encouraged. This call is open to Canadian and international participants.
For complete details, visit our website.
The Gladstone Hotel is an accessible venue.
1214 Queen St. West, Toronto, ON
*** *** ***
Details about the Art Bar:
- accessed via the Gladstone’s Melody Bar or Queen Street
- approximately 24.5 feet long x 12.5 feet wide
- 3 white gallery walls (front wall is windows to Queen Street)
- power outlets on all walls
- adjustable track lights and fixed lights
- the Art Bar is connected to the Melody Bar, where there will be live performances throughout the evening
- no actual bar in the Art Bar – bar service is in the adjoining Melody Bar. Guests can bring drinks into the Art Bar
- The artist is responsible for installing the work, and for providing all hardware, materials and equipment for the project, including (if necessary) monitors, media players, speakers, specialized lighting.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, there are installation guidelines and restrictions.
The Gladstone provides:
- A $200 artist honourarium for the Lobby and a $500 artist honourarium for the Art Bar, payable upon installation
- Promotional support through Nuit Blanche and the Gladstone’s social media channels (Gladstone followers on Instagram: 26,900; Facebook: 21,350; Twitter: 33,100)
- Curatorial support during project development
To be considered for one of these projects, please complete the application form