Reporting to the Programming Supervisor, under the direction of the Programming and Marketing Manager, the Film Program Coordinator will support the creation and execution of a lively film program at The Film House inside the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre (PAC). This position will assist in the development and execution of a dynamic film series at the PAC that supports six days of film screenings a week. The Film Program Coordinator is responsible for film programming, program administration, community engagement as well as supporting the team’s marketing and promotional strategies. This role will work closely with a community Film Advisory Group in the selection of films and will work alongside the PAC programming and marketing team to foster partnerships in the community that are reflected in a responsive monthly program as well as auxiliary programs that support the success of The Film House and the PAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program a film series that engages and entertains the local community, increases film literacy and animates the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre.
- Co-lead the Film Advisory Group, a committee with diverse community representation, and present prospective film calendars for discussion and approval.
- Establish sound working relationships with large and small distributors in Canada and internationally to ensure a wide variety of film content is available for programming.
- Coordinate film bookings with distributors. Transmit and confirm all technical specifications for projection and sound equipment for all cinematic screenings with distributors and work with PAC projectionists to ensure all film content is delivered, tested and returned in a timely fashion.
- Assist with identifying community screening partnerships. Organize and host post-screening events (panels, Q&As, etc.) that engage the community in cultural conversations and provide added-value film going experiences.
- Organize and maintain shared documents as required with approved film images, supplied and adapted copy for various promotional formats.
- Identify engagement strategies that stimulate ticket sales, memberships, donations, sponsorships in collaboration with PAC programming and marketing team.
- Assist in tracking the film programming budget. Assist in data and ticket sales record-keeping, reporting to distributors, maintenance of film license agreements, invoicing and various aspects of film program administration with support from PAC administrative staff.
- Identify arts and culture events, festivals and exhibitions that offer creative and collaborative programming opportunities.
- Research arthouse cinema best practices and film industry trends.
- Any other related duties that may be reasonably required.
- College Diploma in Arts Administration, Film Studies, Marketing/Communications or related discipline;
- Knowledge of the film industry, with a deep understanding of Canadian, Documentary, US and International cinema;
- Two (2) years current experience working in film programming or film festivals considered an asset;
- Experience in film or arts writing (programme notes, criticism, essays, articles, etc.);
- Professional communication skills with high proficiency in writing and public speaking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
- High attention to detail with effective organization, administrative and time management skills and the ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities;
- Experience with software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, ticketing systems and relational databases;
- Available to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays);
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, Class “G”, with a clean driving record.
Salary Range: Minimum $47,362 to Maximum $59,204
Contract Term: One year with opportunity for renewal and full-time permanent placement.
Expected Work Location: FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre
Posting Closes: Friday 21 February 2020 at 11:59pm
Applications will be accepted online only at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please supply a cover letter, resume and reference “FILM PROGRAM COORDINATOR” in your email subject line.
Applications received any other way will not be accepted.
The FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise in writing with your job application to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.