This position manages operations related to building services, capital projects, event and retail services, contracted trades, and ensures staff have the resources necessary to succeed in hosting events, while developing operational efficiencies.
- Manages assigned staff; hires, assigns work schedules, assesses staffing needs, identifies and pursues other resources if necessary and performs layoff and recall. Plans and approves staff training and development. Conducts performance management and, when required, disciplinary action.
- Promotes employee engagement through active listening, recognition and action planning, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and employee development and involvement.
- Develops and implements short and long-term plans, business strategies and objectives for the department, facilitates cooperation between various work units to meet strategic and operational goals and ensure provision of reliable and responsive service.
- Collaborates with, and acts as a liaison between civic departments as required, all sections within the museum and external stakeholders to ensure the success of museum operations and contracts. Leads and facilitates related projects.
- Directs and provides oversight of security services, maintenance and upkeep of the facility, including the grounds, and custodial operations.
- Manages facility rental and event setup, ensuring timely, efficient and effective conversions from one event to another.
- Develops and implements strategies, policies and processes that promote continuous improvement in daily operations by reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
- Leads the ongoing development, implementation and revision of the strategic operational plan for Remai Modern and reports on assigned key performance indicators.
- Plans for related annual operating and capital budgets in conjunction with Director of Finance, and manages, reviews and forecasts associated expenditures.
- Maintains current knowledge of equipment, technology and techniques pertaining to operational requirements and plans.
- Develops and maintains the facility’s sustainability initiatives
- Ensures the safety and security of Remai Modern patrons and staff through the maintenance of emergency preparedness plans. Acts as the primary point of contact for any related Occupational Health and Safety issues.
- Collaborates on the management of capital improvement projects from conception, research, RFP/tender process, decision-making, implementation and daily management.
- Ensures a strong relationship is maintained and collective bargaining agreements are followed with applicable bargaining units.
- Acts as the primary liaison between Remai Modern and related contractors and suppliers.
- Provides resources to staff to support the understanding of their role in achieving the overall mandate of the short and long-term objectives of Remai Modern.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in a related field.
- Four to six years of progressively responsible related experience in facility/operational management, ticketing and operation system management including people leadership, development and coaching.
- Experience working with cultural facilities operations and related ticketing systems (Centaman) would be considered an asset.
- Ability to lead and model the organizational values and culture by demonstrating behaviours of accountability, transparency, high performance, innovation and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and facilitate consultation through motivation, communication, vision, problem-solving, consensus, stakeholder involvement and dialogue.
- Ability to promote equity and inclusion as core concepts in all actions and decisions affecting people, programs and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building systems maintenance and operation.
- Knowledge of The Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to the preparation of budgets and invoices.
- Knowledge of the legal implications and terms used in contracts.
- Ability to direct and support staff in achieving desired results.
- Demonstrated skill in written, oral, interpersonal, and presentations with the ability to effectively communicate and facilitate conversations with exceptional negotiation and consensus –building skill with all levels of internal and external parties.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of civic personnel, external agencies, and the public.
HOURS OF WORK:
Evening and weekend work may be required.
$100,477.44 to $118,060.56 per annum (2019 rates)
CLOSING DATE: Friday, May 7, 2021