The McMichael Canadian Art Collection ranks among Canada’s top public galleries in size and significance and welcomes on average more than 110,000 visitors annually. The McMichael’s permanent collection consists of over 6,500 artworks by Tom Thomson, the Group of Seven, their contemporaries, and First Nations, Métis, Inuit and contemporary artists who have contributed to the development of Canadian art. The impressive gallery spaces, across two levels, are surrounded by a network of outdoor trails, outdoor sculpture garden and 100 acres of conservation land with breathtaking views of the Humber Valley.
The Digital Content & Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of McMichael website domains and social media platforms that build brand awareness and drive attendance. The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to write engaging content for social media and web pages and as a member of the Marketing and Communications team, will act as the voice of the McMichael brand on multiple content and social media platforms and blogs.
The successful candidate will have two unique skill sets of:
- Technical skill sets required to maintain the McMichael website:
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Suite and Google Analytics
- Basic HTML/coding skills
- Website design best practices
- SEO advanced knowledge, webpage metadata knowledge, cross-browser compatibility
- Social media skills and those skills required to act as the voice of the McMichael across social and digital platforms include:
- Experience using social media analytics tools and the ability to tweak marketing strategies based on findings.
- Ability to create cutting-edge social media and digital marketing content
The ideal candidate for this position will have also have the following professional qualifications, competencies, and personal qualities:
- Excellent writing, filming, photography, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Writing, blogging and proofreading ability.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in social media, marketing, communications, advertising, or related area of study.
- Experience in the visual arts and/or cultural sector(s) is an asset.
Interested candidates should forward their resume with a covering letter to Human Resources by March 27, 2019 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection will accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process.