This is an opportunity for a builder – someone with the skills and gentle tenacity to grow a fundraising program from the ground up. While the organization and its fundraising is not new, we require fresh eyes and fresh energy. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done. No task is too big or too small in this fast-paced environment.
Located in Durham Region, one of the fastest growing communities in Canada, the RMG has a strong culture of philanthropy, an engaged and supportive CEO and leadership team, and a connected and committed board of directors.
We are the RMG
A vibrant, engaging public art museum located in Oshawa’s civic centre. The RMG is the largest gallery in Durham Region, occupying an inspired 36,000 square foot building designed by noted architect Arthur Erickson.
A robust roster of dynamic public and educational programs, thriving volunteer program, permanent collection of national significance, gallery shop, inspiring event spaces, artist-in-residence lab, and art studio comprise the gallery’s many rich assets and offerings.
Determinedly Donor-Centred. You understand that our donors and supporters are at the centre of everything we do.
A Strong Storyteller. You persuade with story, not statistics. You beautifully capture and communicate the stories of the RMG and our communities.
Curious and Adaptable. You understand the power of great questions in your work with donors. You can have an engaging conversation with anyone from any walk of life and can move between a corporate board room and a grassroots community event with ease.
Unfailingly Ethical. You know that ethical fundraising is a cornerstone in building and maintaining a trusting relationship with our donors.
Fiercely Inclusive. You are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and know how to bring these core values to life in your day to day work.
- Minimum of five years successful generalist fundraising experience, including annual giving, events, corporate giving, grants, major gifts and bequests.
- A track record of getting things done with limited resources, coupled with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Exemplary planning, multi-tasking and time management skills; you meet all deadlines
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Work experience in the cultural sector, knowledge of modern and contemporary art in Canada an asset.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Experience working with Donor Management Systems (DMS) fundraising platforms, and databases.
- Basic digital skills and a willingness to adapt to innovative ways of working.
The RMG is committed to workplace flexibility and can discuss options available for flexible scheduling and work location with short-listed candidates. The RMG features ample free parking, as well as close proximity to local and regional public transit.
We will accept applications at any time until the position is filled. To apply in confidence, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank those who have submitted applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The RMG is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and welcome applications from members of our diverse population including Indigenous, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and any gender identity or gender expression, members of visible minorities and women.
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at The Robert McLaughlin Gallery.