Date Posted: Oct 26, 2020
Application Deadline: Nov 12, 2020
Start Date: Nov 27, 2020
Salary From: 20K To 20k
Region: Southwestern Ontario
City: Windsor and Region/Online
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job’s focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Contract
Career Level: Doesn’t apply
WorkInCulture (WIC) is a nonprofit arts service organization with the mandate of supporting the people who work in the creative community across Ontario through business and entrepreneurial skills training and lifelong career development.
We serve individuals and organizations (both for profit and nonprofit) across all disciplines. We create and deliver training in a broad range of formats; we conduct research on the sector’s labour market and its training needs, gaps and priorities; we connect the community (e.g. our popular Job Board connects employers with job-seekers) and we curate information on training resources offered by others.
WorkInCulture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Working with local partners in Windsor and surrounding communities, WorkInCulture will build on a successfully refined and enhanced training model to support career and entrepreneurial skills for arts and culture professionals. This project consists of adapting a 4-month program for the Windsor region, incorporating: an initial 2-day intensive workshop series; webinars, eLearning modules, two facilitated peer learning circles, and access to local experts and recommended resources; and a concluding 2-day workshop.
With access to existing training content and training framework on core topics such as business planning, strategic planning, entrepreneurship, and organizational management, the Curriculum Consultant and Facilitator will:
- review and support the adaptation and delivery of an incubator type training program tailored to support the creative career development of artists and arts professionals/administrators located it the Windsor-Essex area.
- consult with regional stakeholders as part of the redesign/adaptation process.
- adapt/customize workshop content and materials and develop any new content and materials relevant to engaging this community including creating a guide for the peer learning circles.
- act as lead instructor/facilitator for four iterations of the training program delivered between 2021-2023. The intention is to deliver the program at least 3 times in-person (subject to COVID) and once virtually.
- support the adaptation/development of eLearning content (e.g. eLearning modules, templates, guides, etc.) to be published and accessed through WorkInCulture’s new eLearning platform.
- provide input on the evaluation of the training programs and overall project success.
The role will report directly to the WorkInCulture Program Manager and will work closely with other members of the WorkInCulture team.
TIMELINES and FEE
This part-time contract will begin in November, 2020 and continue until approximately July, 2023 and will be approached in the following phases:
November 2020 – March 2021: Development Phase
May 2021 – June 2023: Delivery of 4-month program a minimum of 4 times (in-person or virtually). Tentative cohort delivery dates are:
Cohort 1: May/June 2021 – August/September 2021 (virtual or in-person TBC)
Cohort 2: January 2022 – April 2022 (in-person)
Cohort 3: September 2022 – December 2022 (in-person)
Cohort 4: March 2023 – June 2023 (in-person or virtually TBC)
June 2023 – July 2023: Project Evaluation and reporting processes
The total payment for this part-time contract role will be $20,000.00 (+HST if applicable) and will be paid in three instalments.
- Formal education and/or relevant experience in instructional design, curriculum design, or educational design
- Proven experience as a workshop instructor/facilitator for in-person and/or virtual training
- Knowledge of core topics as they relate to the arts and culture sector and professional development for artists, arts professionals, arts administrators, etc. (e.g. business planning, strategic planning, entrepreneurship, organization management, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience adapting and reshaping content for eLearning modules/websites considered an asset
- Experience delivering workshops virtually via Zoom or similar application considered an asset
- Experience working in/with the creative community in the Windsor-Essex area (or comparable community composition) considered an asset.
- Experience working in/with a non-profit arts context considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel for the in-person training delivery components
- Must be able to meet regularly during the program development, delivery, and evaluation phase either virtually or in-person when safe to do so.
- Must have access to own computer/laptop and phone
If applicable, WorkInCulture will also cover travel, accommodations, and per diem during the training delivery periods based on a standardized rate schedule.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional: include up to 3 pieces of support material to further demonstrate why you are a great fit for the role (examples: link to a recording, lesson plan draft, testimonials)
Please note, interviews will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19.
WorkInCulture thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WIC is committed to employment diversity with respect to all aspects of employment. All decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical and mental disability, age, ancestry or place of origin.