This position will provide curatorial assistance on Contemporary Calgary’s Spring/Summer exhibitions and assist our front of house team with public facing tasks creating meaningful and engaging guest experiences.
The ideal candidate for this position will be pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or a bachelor’s degree in another arts related field.
They will have excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines, competency in MacOSX, Microsoft Office and Adobe suites, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French is considered an asset but is not required.
Contemporary Calgary is an equal opportunity employer, is strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages applications from gender and sexually diverse candidates, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.
Contemporary Calgary aims to provide Calgary and its visitors with a significant visual arts destination dedicated to modern and contemporary art. We are passionate about art that is relevant, meaningful and challenging. Contemporary Calgary is committed to engaging diverse audiences, artists and partners.
Compensation for this position is $17/hour.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by May 17, 2021, to careers@contemporarycalgary.
Please note, this position is funded by Young Canada Works and candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible).
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment.
- Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment.
- Have been a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment.
- Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW work assignment.