SEPT 5 – OCT 12, 2019
CO SPACE GALLERY
1106 Queen Street West, Toronto
Craft Ontario’s Biennial Juried Member Exhibition
Deadline for entry: Monday, May 27, 2019, 11:59 pm EST
Craft Ontario is calling for applications to its biennial Craft Professional juried member exhibition. Craft Ontario ’19 will survey the work of members across the province, and present the very best of contemporary craft. Craft Ontario has supported the development of contemporary craft through juried exhibitions of member work since 1976.
Craft Ontario ’19 will specifically look to represent work from each of the four core regions of the province, and will present a $250 award for the chosen exhibitor works in the following areas:
- Best in the North (applicant postal code must begin with P)
- Best in the East (applicant postal code must begin with K)
- Best in the Southwest (applicant postal code must begin with N)
- Best in Central (applicant postal code must begin with L or M)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Applicants must hold an active Craft Professional membership.
- Each applicant may submit up to three works for consideration, with a maximum of three digital images per work.
- A set of multiples (such as a sculptural group) will be considered as one entry.
- Works in all craft media are encouraged.
- Each entry must be of original design.
- Each entry must have been executed within the last two years.
- Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online form (see below for more details). Hard copy or email submissions will not be accepted.
- Applications grant Craft Ontario permission to use images of accepted works for promotional purposes, including web and print material.
- A jury of established professionals in the field of craft will assess work according to craftsmanship, excellence of design and originality.
- The Exhibitor will be responsible for insuring all work during shipping and delivery. Craft Ontario will insure all items for theft and damage while on the Gallery premises.
- Works accepted for exhibition will be delivered/shipped to and from the Craft Ontario Gallery at the Exhibitor’s expense.
- Any work included in the exhibition that is available for sale will be sold at Craft Ontario’s usual consignment split of 50%.
- There are no fees required to apply.
- Selected exhibitors will receive a $350 Artist Fee.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, May 27, 2019, 11:59 pm EST.
- Applicants will be notified by email of the jury’s decision by Friday, June 28, 2019.
- Accepted applicants will be required to deliver selected works to Craft Ontario at 1106 Queen Street West, Toronto, no later than 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
- The exhibition will take place from Thursday, September 5th to Saturday, October 12, 2019.
- The opening reception will take place on Thursday, September 5, 2019, 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- All unsold work must be picked up or shipped at the Exhibitor’s expense by Sunday, October 25, 2019, 5:00 pm.
- Ensure that you have a Craft Professional membership. Your membership must be active by the submission deadline or your application will not be considered. For membership inquiries, please contact Olivia Spence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-925-4222 x 221.
- Compile your application information in the online form below, which will include contact information, the number of submitted work and details, a maximum of three digital images per submission, a biography/artist statement and curriculum vitae (CV).
- Upload your digital images and CV to a file-sharing program (Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.). Create a link to share the files with Craft Ontario (email@example.com) and include it in the Application Form.
- Digital images should be between 1 to 5 MB in size, with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi. Name images with your first and last name, followed by a number. Example: Jane_Smith_01, Jane_Smith_02, etc.
- Ensure that a PC computer can process all document and image files. It is your responsibility to ensure that submitted files are not corrupt, illegible or improperly formatted. Please save your CV document as a WORD (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) document, and all image files as JPGs.
- If you have any difficulties with the Craft Ontario ’19 Application Form please contact Kate Jackson, Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-925-4222 x 226.
Please click HERE to apply, or visit: https://www.craftontario.com/membership-programs/calls-for-entry.html#CO19