Position Posting: Coordinator, Special Initiatives (12 Month Contract)
The Art Gallery of Windsor is a non-profit charitable organization formed in 1943 that collects, interprets and presents the visual arts of Canada, including artists of Indigenous and Inuit heritage, as well as the artists from the United States and Europe. The AGW is a valuable cultural resource for Windsor and Essex County as the region’s largest public art gallery.
The Art Gallery of Windsor is currently seeking a Coordinator, Special Initiatives (hereafter “Coordinator”) to join our organization for a 12-month period with responsibility for coordinating LGBTQ2S+ education projects for youth at the Art Gallery of Windsor. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Coordinator, Special Initiatives, is responsible for developing exhibition and education content, and creating learning opportunities that will be meaningful for youth and challenge intolerance, using artworks from AGW’s exhibitions and art collection.
- Post-Secondary degree/s in the Visual Arts and/or Visual Arts Education;
- Minimum three-years’ experience as a gallery or museum program coordinator;
- Demonstrated experience with program design and delivery to youth audiences;
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBTQ2S+ advocacy and causes;
- Comfortable interacting with the public (in person and online) with respect and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrated digital literacy skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a broad public about art, artists, and other creators;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and carry out assigned duties and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public, staff and external agencies and to work as a member of a team;
- General knowledge of the visual arts is an asset;
- Excellent communications and time management skills;
- Available to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Term: 12-month position 35-hours per week
Please send your CV and a statement of interest by August 21, 2020 to:
Thomas Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Art Gallery of Windsor is committed to employment equity and supports building a skilled and diverse workforce. Members from the following designated groups (Women, Indigenous, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
Posting Date: July 30, 2020
Image Credit: Sergey Zolkin