Caviar20 is hiring a Content Writer / Gallery Assistant
Part-time: 12 hrs/week+
Part time, minimum 12 hours a week
Thursdays (10-6) at our Dupont Street gallery in Toronto
Additional hours can be completed remotely.
Main responsibility is being present at the gallery on Thursdays, and writing texts (approx. 300 words) about individual works, including cataloging, for our website and other digital channels.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Cataloging and researching our art inventory, then creating artist biographies/ art descriptions for individual online pages.
- Being responsible for gallery’s “front of house” when open to the public.
- Assisting with on-site programming / curating our exhibition space
- General online merchandising on caviar20.com via Shopify (marking items sold, organizing sections, proofreading etc.)
- Assisting with art fair applications and preparation.
- Organizing all literature for art fairs and off-site exhibitions
- Liaising with other team members (Digital Manager, Graphic Designer, Inventory Manager etc.)
- Various administrative duties
- Some social media responsibilities (TBD)
- Candidates should have experience with writing copy (ideally on 20th century art or other luxury/lifestyle products) and be comfortable writing / researching artist biographies. This is NOT academic writing.
- Candidates should have excellent attention to detail and be an exceptional proofreader.
- Candidates should be presentable, articulate, out-going, and comfortable welcoming and interacting with clients.
- A degree, or minor, in Art History is recommended.
- Bilingual (English/French) candidates are preferred.
- General computer literacy (spreadsheets, image handling, Mac computers, GoogleDocs, GoogleChat etc) is mandatory.
- Experience with Shopify or online sales channels is highly desirable. Candidates should be reliable, resourceful, detail-oriented, have strong proof-reading skills, and be very comfortable working independently.
No phone calls. Please e-mail your CV and a brief introduction to Info@Caviar20.com.