Afros In Tha City Inc. is looking for a casual part-time communications assistant/office manager.
Afros In Tha City (AITC) is a media collective dedicated to amplifying Black voices in Mohkínstsis/Calgary. Afros In Tha City has partnered with the Superblend Cannabis Collective to provide a studio for visual artists to create and showcase their work, musicians to practice, and journalists to work.
The Planet Superblend/Afros In Tha City space is located in Ramsay.
Office Management Responsibilities
- Welcome and introduce guests to Planet Superblend/AITC headquarters.
- Coordinate visual artist/musician showcases.
- Promote the Planet Superblend/AITC on social media.
- Manage payments and shipments for AITC e-store.
- Assist with AITC merchandise printing.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization.
- Promote Planet Superblend/AITC on our social media channels.
- Assist in coordinating online events.
- Take photos and create simple graphics for Afros In Tha City social media channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge or willingness to engage and contribute to Calgary’s local arts and entertainment culture.
- Demonstrate experience in working and collaborating with BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Demonstrate experience in community building, arts administration, communications, and/or sociology.
- At least one year of office management experience or relevant experience.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 5, 2021
To apply please send a letter of interest and a one page CV to email@example.com.
To read the latest from our media collective, visit afrosinthacity.com.