Curator, Art Gallery
The Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre, Medicine Hat’s cultural hub has an exciting opportunity for a Curator of our Art Gallery. This senior position is responsible for the administration of Community Connections and Support (Esplanade) Art Gallery, the management and security of the art collection and the oversight of the Alberta Foundation for the Arts Travelling Exhibition Program (AFATEP).
To succeed in this role, you must possess a passion for working with artists and connecting them to communities. Your collaborative approach to building relationships with partners yields exceptional experiences that resonate with communities. In addition to your knowledge of contemporary Canadian Art you have thorough knowledge of the general principals, and operational practices of art collections and museum galleries. You have excellent communication, writing, research and presentation skills. In addition, we are looking for a leader who fosters a cooperative, collaborative results driven team environment where creativity can flourish. If you have a passion for art with the proven ability to oversee an Art Gallery, we want to hear from you!
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in Fine Arts, Art History or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Five (5) years of work experience in art galleries, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisor/team leadership capacity;
- A management approved combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition # 19221A. Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.