We are excited to announce that we are gearing up for our 22nd annual Calgary International Film Festival (CIFF). This means we have the need for an operations assistant, dedicated to helping the operations director and CIFF team. We are looking for an energetic individual who is committed to the details and crossing things off to do lists.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Respond to questions and requests for information.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- Assist in training staff members and new hires.
- Assist in executing routine box office activities.
- Manage workflow daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items.
- Provide support to board operations.
- If needed, provide support to other team members or departments.
The right candidate will demonstrate the following on their resume:
- At least two years of coordination or administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workplace Suite.
- Experience with Asana, Slack, and Zone an asset.
- A passion for the non-profit sector and more specifically the arts community.
- Team oriented.
- A passion for helping others.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task.
- A high attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of creativity and attention.
During the interview, we’ll be looking for an energetic, can do attitude.
- Excellent opportunity to build experience and contacts within the arts community.
- Attendance to screenings for free.
- An hourly salary of $16 based on previous experience.
- A group of team members committed to building a unique and memorable festival experience for new and seasoned patrons alike!
To apply simply upload your cover letter and resume (in one document). We’ll be contacting everyone who applies to let them know their resume has been received. The hiring manager will reach out to those they deem most qualified to begin the interview process.
For more information and to apply, visit calgaryfilm.bamboohr.com.
We thank everyone who applies.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
CIFF is committed to creating an employment opportunity that begins with respect, dignity and equity We welcome individuals to apply for all backgrounds including: of any race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, ability, citizenship, creed, sex, sexuality, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, same sex partnership, age, marital status, family status, immigration status, receipt of public assistance, history of mental health issues, health status, political affiliation, learning difference, level of literacy, accent, first language, body type, physical appearance and abilities, stature or socio-economic status.
Further, we acknowledge that we are on a continuing journey of learning and unlearning. Our path to breaking down systemic barriers has begun but we by no means have arrived. We are open to feedback and continuous dialogue on how we can make the hiring process equitable for all.