Deadline: February 28, 2019
Zana Kozomora/ Olga Klosowki Schellenber. Detail from Emerging Artist Residency 2017 Show The Tourist / Stained
Centre3 for Artistics & Social Practice is a not-for-profit, charitable artist-run centre that connects, educates, and collaborates with people on local, regional, national and international levels. We are a place for artists to create, produce and exhibit art work; a platform for artists to engage and empower students through art education; a space for artists to collaborate with our community in a creative experience. Integrating art, education and community. Centre3 helps establish a progressive identity for our community, while enriching quality of life through art and culture.
We are located at the heart of Hamilton’s arts district in Ontario, and offer world-class facilities for traditional print-making (lithography, silkscreen, intaglio & more) and state of the art digital media facilities.
Centre3’s emerging artist residency is for artists in the early stages of their career with less than 5 years of exhibition history. There are two positions available.
The residency includes
- A free membership for one year ($50 value)
- Unlimited access to the printmaking or digital studios for up to 12 weeks, during studio hours ($375 value)
- $200 stipend
- Five hours of free tech assistance ($150 value)
- 10 sheets Fabriano paper ($90 value) OR 5 feet of digital paper ($183 value)
- Group exhibition in our main gallery in January 2020.
Please submit the following items by email as one zipped folder to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: emerging residency, no later than Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Artist Statement (Max 1 page)
- Letter of Intent (Max 1 page): Please describe what you would like to do during your residency.
- Visual Support Material (Max 5 files): A maximum of 5 numbered images and/or videos representing a recent body of work
- Please name files as follows: lastname_01, Lastname_02, lastname_03 etc
- JPG or MP4 files will be accepted
- only for video, links to Vimeo, Youtube or a personal website are accepted
- Support Material List ordered and labelled to match the files provided including artist’s name, title of work, media, size, (run time for video), and year created.
- Curriculum Vitae (Max 2 pages) Please include your email address with your C.V.
The successful candidates will be contacted in April 2019.
Our 173 James North location is partially physically accessible. We have a level entrance leading to our shop, information desk, galleries and traditional print studio. Unfortunately, we do not have automatic doors or an elevator. Our silkscreen studios and digital lab are only accessible by stairs. We are working toward becoming a physically accessible space in the future.
Our 126 James North location is partially physically accessible. We have a level entrance leading to our digital lab and studio. Unfortunately, we do not have automatic doors and the hallway is narrow. The second floor office is only accessible by stairs.
Centre for Artistic + Social Practice
173 James St. N,
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.