Xpace Cultural Centre is seeking workshop proposals from emerging artists, curators and arts administrators!
Our workshop program is presented to the Tkaronto emerging art and design community free-of-charge and programmed on an ongoing basis with the intention of responding to the ongoing needs and interests of emerging creative practitioners in our community.Workshops at Xpace are developed to provide practical tools for emerging artists to deepen their knowledge of topics ranging from art documentation and intellectual property to portfolio building and grant writing. We also program workshops geared towards developing creative skill sets such as rug hooking, digital game development and tarot reading. Workshops are also built with the intention to empower artists to advocate for themselves and their communities: presenting information and tools on issues such as tenant rights, de-escalation strategies and cyber security. Most recently, we’ve begun integrating workshop programs that offer tools for self and collective care practices such as intentional movement, breath work and mindfulness – as we recognize how crucial this is to our community’s physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Workshop proposals in any topic will be considered, and Xpace will prioritize projects that:
- Can be planned and hosted online
- Utilize free or PWYC resources and/or require minimal to no purchases on behalf of the participants (ie) paid softwares like Adobe, expensive equipment, tools or materials
- Engages with specific skills that benefit emerging artists and students
Workshop facilitators are paid a fee of CAD $316 to develop and execute their project, with the option of requesting CAD $50 for additional materials.The maximum duration of a workshop is 3 hours. If you are interested in proposing a larger project, workshop series or partnership, please contact email@example.com with details.
Applicants are asked to provide the following items:
1. Workshop Title (if applicable)
2. Workshop Outline (500 words max): Please provide a brief overview and description of the workshop you are proposing to facilitate at Xpace. What format will it take?
3. Learning Objectives (500 words max): Please outline your intention for this workshop. What are you hoping to achieve? What skills, knowledge and / or abilities will participants take away from the workshop? Who are you hoping to engage with and why?
4. Timeline (500 words max): What is your ideal schedule to plan, develop and execute this workshop? Do you have preferred dates/times for the workshop to take place?
5. Support Material (optional)
THOUGH STAFF IS HAPPY TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK AT ALL MOMENTS OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, WE CANNOT RESPOND TO INQUIRIES ASKED THROUGH DIRECT MESSAGE, TEXT OR FACEBOOK MESSENGER. WE ASK THAT APPLICANTS REACH OUT VIA E-MAIL INSTEAD. APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 1 MONTH OF THEIR PROPOSAL STATU