25th ANNUAL: JURIED STUDENT ART SHOW
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Leamington and the Kiwanis Club, the Leamington Arts Centre presents the 25th annual Juried Student Art Show.
Eligibility: This exhibition is open to ALL Essex County Secondary Students in the following categories:
1. Painting (Acrylic, Oil, Watercolour, etc.)
2. Drawing (Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, Ink, etc.)
3. Sculpture/3D (Clay, Found Objects, etc.)
4. Photography (Analogue, Digital)
5. Mixed Media (Assemblage, Collage, Textiles, etc.)
6. Video/Filmmaking (Animation, Experimental, etc.)
7. New Media Art (Graphic Design, Digital Illustration, etc.).
8. Printmaking (Linocut, intaglio, etc.)
CASH PRIZES in EACH of the 8 categories ($2000 TOTAL):
1st Place – $80, 2nd Place – $60, 3rd Place – $40, Honourable Mention – $20
People’s Choice Award – $100.
Visitors will have the opportunity to cast a single vote for the favorite work. Votes will be tallied at the end of the show to determine one winner.
Future Artist Award – $300. In honour of the late Marg and Don Ross, this award is granted to a graduating student who showcases the most potential as an artist or enthusiast and whom has demonstrated extraordinary support and patronage to the arts in the community. For those who choose to submit, students must write a 500-word statement on their current involvement in the arts and describe their artistic goals for the future. Judging will be based on the statement and artwork submitted and one winner selected.
Schedule Entry Deadline: Sun March 26, 3pm
Exhibition Opens: Wed March 29
Awards Presentation & Reception: Thurs April 13, 6pm
Exhibition Closes: Sun April 23
Artwork Pick Up: Wed April 25 to Sun May 7
NO PICK UP BEFORE APRIL 25.
ALL ARTWORK MUST BE PICKED UP ON OR BEFORE MAY 7
Find submissions form here: https://bit.ly/3xqjpQJ