SHIFT: a virtual community exhibition The Flock Fest is an annual arts event which brings the community together to embrace the arts. This year’s theme is «Shift». To shift is to change place, position, or direction. The Flock Fest brings together a community of artists whose work poses urgent questions around the experiences and perceptions of migration in relation to current global challenges. Through a variety of mediums, artists explore themes of changing geographies and reconstructed identities. Despite these shifts and challenges, we must find a way to land in harmony and flock together.
Submitted works will be showcased online at www.leamingtonartscentre.com as part of the 6th Annual Flock Fest virtual exhibition. Works may also be projected or streamed at the Leamington Arts Centre in September 2020. Artists will not receive an artist fee for their work.
How to Submit:
1. Clearly read and fill out the online submission form: https://forms.gle/
2. Artists must submit a brief, written artist statement describing their artistic process or artwork.
3. Photos must be submitted as a high quality photo or scan (at least 72dpi or more)
4. Sculptures, 3D work, installations should be photographed in front of a neutral backdrop
5. Flock Fest may request a photo retake if an improved image is required.
6. Label image file: TitleofWork_ArtistName_Year
7. Submit before Friday, July 31, 2020
Schedule: Call for Submissions Opens / Fri. July 10, 2020
Submission Deadline / Fri. July 31, 2020
Virtual Exhibition / August 2020 on www.leamingtonartscentre.
Questions? email flockfestleamington@gmail.
SUBMIT ONLINE HERE: https://forms.gle/
Jurying: This exhibition is non-juried and open to ALL. All ages and artistic experience are encouraged to participate. All mediums are accepted: photography, painting, sculpture, printmaking, drawing, mixed media, digital, fashion, graphic arts, literature, pottery, and more. Limit of 1 works per artist. All works submitted will be displayed online. Submission Fee: There is NO submission fee to enter the exhibit, courtesy of the 6th annual Flock Fest.