After every prologue comes a story, and after every story is an epilogue. Be the author of your own story.
AWE’s Teen Arts Council is organizing an art display titled “Prologues and Epilogues”, dedicated to showcasing artworks made by teens (ages 14-18) in the Windsor-Essex community. The display theme is past, present, and future referring to the transitional time period that is experienced in adolescent years.
Your artwork should creatively reflect your interpretation of transitions and times of change. Time is moving very quickly. Why not capture it in a work of art?
How to participate
Submit up to 5 physical works and up to 5 digital submissions of work that reflect the theme of past, present, and future. For complete guidelines, please read the submission guidelines below.
- Call for submissions opens: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Call for submission closes: Friday, May, 26, 2023 at 3pm
- Artwork drop-off period: Tuesday, May 16 to Friday, May 26 at 4pm
- Display dates: Tuesday, June 6 – Sunday, July 30th, 2023
- AWE at Night: Thursday, June 22 and Thursday, July 20, 2023, 5-9pm
- Artwork pick-up period: Tuesday, August 1 to Friday, August 11 at 4pm
Artwork Drop-Off Location:
Art Windsor-Essex, 2nd floor studio
401 Riverside Dr. W, Windsor
- Tuesday – Saturday from 10am-5pm
- Sunday from 11am-5pm
The AWE Teen Arts Council is a group of teens aged 14-17 from across Windsor-Essex who have come together to create programs for teens, by teens.
We would like to thank Lisa and Brian Schwab for their generous support of the AWE Teen Arts Council and its programming.
See full guidelines here.