AGH Art Sale
2021 Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021
The Art Gallery of Hamilton will celebrate its 22nd AGH Art Sale from April 22 to 25, 2021, exhibiting artworks available for purchase from contemporary artists in Hamilton and surrounding regions. The event is hosted by AGH Art Sales + Services in support of public programming at the AGH.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the AGH Art Sale will be planned as both a live event, and an exclusively online event. After the success of the 2020 Online AGH Art Sale, we look forward to working with our artists to adapt to either event per provincial direction.
We are seeking submissions from emerging and established Canadian artists for the upcoming AGH Art Sale. Submissions will be reviewed and juried by an art advisory committee to select approximately 60 artists for the event.
We thank everyone for taking the time to make a submission. Please note that due to the volume of submissions we will only be contacting successful applicants by March 12th, 2021.
Submit up to 6 works for consideration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following and complete details by Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Date (preference given to works completed in 2020 and 2021)
- Exhibition history (preference will be given to works that have not been previously shown in a retail venue)
- Size (inches, h x w)
- Estimated value
- Electronic image submitted via email: jpg, cropped to artwork edges (no border or background), 72 dpi, 1000 pixels along longest side; All images must be labeled by last name, first name, artwork title, dimensions (h x w), and estimated value. (e.g. Doe, Jane, Artwork1, 24 x 24 inches, $$.jpg)
- 200 words (max) artist statement that includes artist’s studio location, education (academic or informal are both celebrated), and description of the themes or process relatable to the submitted works
- Gallery representation, Instagram handle and website URL (where applicable)
Artists participating in the 2021 AGH Art Sale are responsible for the safe transportation of their artwork. In the case of a live sale, drop-off arrangements will be coordinated. All participating artists must sign an artist agreement with Art Sales + Services at minimum for the duration of the show. This agreement will detail commission arrangements.
Questions can be directed to the Art Sales + Services team by email at email@example.com