2021 401 Richmond Career Launcher Prize
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline: May 14, 2021, 5PM EST
Each year, 401 Richmond Street welcomes an emerging artist into its community through the 401 Richmond Career Launcher Prize. The Career Launcher Prize provides an exceptional opportunity to occupy a coveted 500 ft2 studio for one year at 401 Richmond, one of Canada’s most dynamic arts facilities. The award recipient will become part of a unique community of artists, cultural producers, creative pioneers, passionate activists and social entrepreneurs. The Prize provides space and support for research and experimentation at a critical time in an emerging artist’s career.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Priority will be given to recent graduates, although all early career artists (less than 3 years as a professional artist) will be considered.
- Applicants must have participated in at least one formal exhibition (school-based exhibitions are acceptable).
- The juried selection process is based on the quality of the candidate’s work but will favour those who are strongly self-motivated, who show originality, and who demonstrate a strong commitment to developing their practice for the duration of the residency.
- There is no age restriction for this award.
- 12 months (September 2021 – August 2022)
Past recipients include: Kristine Moran, Emmy Skensved, Gareth Bate, Winnie Truong, Erin MacKeen, Kelly Uyeda, Ellen Bleiwas, Carol Cheong, Miles Ingrassia, and Emily Dicarlo.