make | explore | experience | transform | share
Application Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
ArtMEETS is a series of free arts workshops in Toronto’s east end that invites you to make, explore, experience, transform, and share. ArtMEETS features a variety of fun, accessible, and engaging opportunities to participate in arts workshops led by experienced, welcoming, and talented artists and arts facilitators. Join us in the spring and summer of 2019 and tap into your creative side!
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
East End Arts is seeking artists and arts facilitators to present single-day, three-hour arts workshops in the spring and summer of 2019 as part of the ArtMEETS program. This call is open to all arts facilitators who are new, emerging, experienced, and anywhere in between. All creative disciplines and experience levels are welcome, however, preference will be given to proposals that:
- Introduce participants to new and engaging art forms & experiences
- Involve a visual art form, including, but not limited to printmaking, painting, drawing, textile arts, etc.
- Allow participants to take home completed artworks
- Have a low barrier to participation
- Stage 1: Applications open until Friday, March 1, 2019, 11:59pm. All applicants can expect to hear back from East End Arts regarding the status of their proposals no later than Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Stage 2: Selected applicants will be contacted and scheduled to participate in a Show-and-Share session (April 2019 – dates TBC)
- Stage 3: ArtMEETS facilitators are chosen and contacted (May 2018)
Selected ArtMEETS applicants will be scheduled to attend a Show-and-Share session in April 2019. Show-and-Shares are small, closed-door sessions where facilitators provide 15-minute demonstrations of their proposed workshops in a fun, safe, and welcoming environment. Participants will be comprised of other ArtMEETS applicants and East End Arts staff. Following each demonstration, presenters will receive written feedback from participants on their workshop and demonstration. All Show-and-Share participants will be paid for their participation. Show-and-Share participants are not guaranteed inclusion in the final 2019 program.
Following the Show-and-Share sessions, the final ArtMEETS facilitators will be contacted by a member of the East End Arts team with further details.
ArtMEETS Facilitators will be provided with:
- Fair and transparent facilitator fees (CARFAC rates)
- Costs covered for workshop supplies and materials
- Professional development opportunities and resources
- Support with administration, outreach, and communications for their individual workshop
Thank you for your interest in ArtMEETS 2019! To apply, please email one single Word or PDF document to email@example.com, including the following information:
- Your full name
- The title of your proposed workshop
- A full description of your proposed workshop
- A short bio
- Any relevant photos to your art practice and/or proposed workshop. Please send up to three photos maximum as an email attachment along with your submission.
If you have any questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Download the PDF here: Art MEETS 2018 Call for Applications