Call For Proposals: Artist Collectives, Nonprofit & Artist-Run Galleries for 58th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair
Call For Proposals:
Artist Collectives, Nonprofit & Artist-run Galleries
58th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair, July 12-14, 2019
Nathan Phillips Square – Toronto, ON
Toronto Outdoor Art Fair invites visual arts and fine craft collectives, guilds, nonprofit galleries and artist-run centres from across Canada to submit proposals to exhibit and sell the works of their selected artist members. Showcase and promote your mission and reach out to a new audience of 115,000 visitors in a limited number of community booths alongside over 350 individual artists during the 58th edition of the fair.
Accepting proposals until March 20, 2019
Who is eligible?
Artist Run Centres and Galleries
Visual Arts Nonprofits
Visual Arts Guilds and Groups
Booth fees: $2,500 for 10’ x 20’ space, $1,250 for 10’ x 10’ space
Proposals must include:
- Mission and mandate of your organization/group (300 words max.)
- Statement of Intent/Curatorial Vision (addressing how this opportunity is a fit for your organization, how it will advance your mandate or benefit your members (750 words max.)
- A booth image/visual representation of your proposed installation at the Fair
- Full Names, websites and one image for each artist who intends to participate in your booth (6-11 artists*). Please ensure each image is captioned with dimensions, medium and name of the artist.
- Organization main contact person name and contact information
Submit all materials as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2019
*You can only put forward names of artist members who do not plan to apply as individual artists for the 58th Toronto Outdoor Art Fair in 2019.
What we offer:
- A dedicated booth space in our community booth zone
- Tent, walls and grids
- Logo recognition in our Community Program
- Location highlighted in on-site program (10,000 copies)
- Online profile and year-round exposure on our website
- Booth Camp professional development session with industry experts
- Artist Handbook – an outdoor art fair survival guide
- Discounted rates on hotel accommodations, overnight parking and custom framing
- Team of 200 volunteers to help you load in and out and booth sit over the weekend
- Dedicated professional and dynamic staff to help you problem-solve from the application process to Fair time.
There are secure on-site storage units available first-come, first-serve at an additional cost. There is no fee to submit an application.
Hear from past organizations:
“2018 was the first time Scarborough Arts presented artists at TOAF. The event aligns with our strategic priority to increase the profile of our organization and the profile of our artists and members. These goals were achieved through the community booth program. We had hundreds of visitors, made important connections, introduced our artists to key Toronto cultural leaders, and were able to offer an accessible entry point for artists to sell their work and grow their audiences. The 6 artists that participated had amazing feedback to give and were glad to support each other through a very busy and intense 3 days. TOAF supported our process and set up as a first-time participant to the fair, and were there to help or clarify every step of the way.”
– Monica Gutierrez, Development and Partnership Manager, Scarborough Arts