AGO X RBC ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM:
Call for Proposals
Three digital residencies available in 2022
Deadline for Submissions: November 30, 2021
The residencies will occur from January – October, 2022
The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) invites submissions to the AGO X RBC Artist-in-residence Program. Three digital projects or experiences will each be developed over a three month virtual residency period, responding to the theme of Friendship Near and Far, and the possibilities in which we can bring people together online in a caring, embodied way. The residency provides resources, learning opportunities, platforms and mentorship for emerging artists to further their artistic practices.
We are looking for emerging artists and collectives interested in combining art practices (eg. maker and/or social experiences, experience design, or live performances for the camera, etc.), and projects that engage with online audiences and experiment with digital platforms.
Selected artists will receive the following:
- An artist fee of $10,000 CDN (inclusive of per diem), and an additional $3000 CDN for materials production costs for the project
- A mentor with applicable expertise and access to other AGO collaborators
- Access to AGO platforms and audiences
- Presentation of the finished digital project
Who should apply:
- Artists, individuals, and/or artist collectives who self-identify as emerging artists and are in the early stages of their artistic career
- Canadians, currently living in the country, or artists residing in Canada
- We encourage applicants from underrepresented communities to apply
- Practicing professional artists with two (2) or more years’ experience
We are prioritizing populations who have not been equitably represented in museums, which includes Black, Indigenous, artists of colour, LGBTQ2+, women and persons with disabilities. Successful artists must be available to connect virtually with AGO staff for the duration of their three month residency. The selected artists will be notified by January 3, 2022.
Learn more at: ago.ca/emerging-artists-program