The City of Burlington invites professional artists to submit design proposals for a series of laser-cut steel panels that will enhance the bridge located on Regal Road (Burlington, Ontario). Artists are asked to submit a proposal for ten (10) designs that will be used to produce custom laser-cut panels that will be installed on the concrete sidewalls of the bridge. The designs should be related in theme and aesthetic so that the panels work together as a series. The successful artist will be awarded $6,000 for their designs. All costs and tasks associated with the fabrication, installation and maintenance of the panels will be paid for by the City of Burlington.
- Application Form
- Artwork design sketches: Submit three (3) preliminary design sketches that are representative of the style and theme of the proposed artwork.
- Artist Statement: Submit a brief statement outlining the inspiration for your design (500 words maximum).
- Curriculum Vitae: Outline recent qualifications and artistic activities (4 pages maximum).
- Artwork Samples: Submit a maximum of eight (8) images of your past artwork.
- Image List: A list of the artwork samples submitted. Please include: title of artwork, materials, dimensions, date and location of artwork (if applicable).
Important! Please download the full RFP document for important project details and submission requirements. Click HERE to download the RFP (pdf).
To learn more and apply visit: burlingtonpublicart.com