East End Arts invites Artists and Makers to share your skills with the east Toronto community through ArtMEETS, 2020 Summer Edition! The deadline for submissions is Monday May 4th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
When your hands are busy making something, your brain is happy and relaxed, and that can be a real opportunity for magic! For East End Arts, that magic has the power to bring people together in new and exciting ways; community can be built when we’re making, creating, or just plain getting our hands dirty together, and ArtMEETS is one of the ways that we build communities through art!
ArtMEETS is a series of low-cost arts workshops in Toronto’s east end, which invite adult community members to make, explore, experience, transform, and share. Led by talented, engaging, and supportive artist facilitators (both emerging and experienced), each ArtMEETS workshop is an opportunity to learn a new art skill, meet new people, and let your creative side shine! Join us this summer for our FOURTH season of ArtMEETS workshops!
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
East End Arts is seeking artists and arts facilitators at all stages of their careers to present single-day, three-hour arts workshops in July and August, 2020 as part of the ArtMEETS summer program. This call is open to all arts facilitators who are new, emerging, experienced, and anywhere in between. All creative disciplines and experience levels are welcome, however, preference will be given to proposals that:
- Introduce participants to new and engaging art forms & experiences
- Involve a visual art form, including, but not limited to printmaking, painting, drawing, textile arts, etc.
- Allow participants to take home completed artworks
- Have a low barrier to participation
- Audience feedback from previous sessions suggests that visual and textile workshops are most popular!
- Stage 1: Applications open until May 4, 2020, 11:59pm, EST. All applicants can expect to hear back from East End Arts regarding the status of their proposals no later than May 8, 2020.
- Stage 2: Selected applicants may be contacted and scheduled to participate in a Show-and-Share session (May or June 2020 – dates TBC)
- Stage 3: ArtMEETS facilitators are chosen and contacted (Late May 2020).
Selected ArtMEETS applicants may be scheduled to attend a Show-and-Share Session. Show-and-Shares are small, closed-door sessions where facilitators provide 15-minute demonstrations of their proposed workshops in a fun, safe, and welcoming environment. Participants will be other shortlisted ArtMEETS applicants and East End Arts staff. Following each demonstration, presenters will receive written feedback from participants on their workshop and demonstration. All Show-and-Share participants will be paid an honorarium for their participation. Show-and-Share participants are not guaranteed inclusion in the final 2020 program.
Following the Show-and-Share sessions, the final ArtMEETS facilitators will be contacted by a member of the East End Arts team with further details.
All ArtMEETS Facilitators will be provided with:
- Fair and transparent facilitator fees (CARFAC rates)
- Costs covered for workshop supplies and materials
- Professional development opportunities and resources, including attendance at Creative Facilitation Camp
- Support with administration, outreach, and communications for their individual workshop
Please note, all dates are subject to change at the discretion of East End Arts:
- ArtMEETS info sessions via Zoom are available to anyone looking to have a 15-minute one-on-one session with our Programming Coordinator Adam, on April 15-16, 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
- The ArtMEETS deadline is Monday May 4, 2020 11:59pm
- The ArtMEETS Show and Share Sessions will take place sometime during May – June, 2020 (TBD). Note, all short-listed applicants must attend one of these two dates.
- Selected artists will be notified by June 30, 2020, at the latest.
Thank you for your interest in ArtMEETS 2020! To apply, please email one single PDF document, which includes your answers and all support material, to email@example.com, with the following information:
- Artist Name:
- Workshop Title:
- Social Links:
- Postal Code:
- Please provide an artist bio (200 words) and attach a CV & promotional head shot
** This Bio & head shot will be used as promotional material for selected artists.
- Please Provide a description of your workshop. Include ideas about your workshop structure, materials & goals
- What are the elements that participants will be able to take home from your workshop?
- For emerging artists and facilitators, what key skill do you hope to learn through leading this workshop?
- For established artists/facilitators, what challenge are you giving yourself in the proposed workshop?
- Please provide 4 examples of your work.
- Are you a member of any of the following Equity Seeking Groups:
Indigenous, Francophone, Person of Colour, Deaf, Person with Disability/ies, Person Living with Mental Illness, LGBTQIA+
Please provide your answers and support material as a single PDF document with your name in the file name, i.e. Robin_Smith_ArtMEETSApp.pdf
If you have any questions about the application process, or to schedule a one on one info-session you can email our Programming Coordinator Adam, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 4th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
For more information: HERE