Deadline for submissions: Sunday, December 8, 2019
Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) invites emerging artists from Mississauga (18-29 years of age) to apply for its Creative Residency. VAM’s Creative Residency (VCR) is an opportunity for emerging youth artists in Mississauga to participate in a 6 month exhibitions program with a focus on mentorship and professional development. VCR resident artists will be invited to access VAM’s art centre to develop their skills in art exhibition, education and engagement. The program will invite established arts industry mentors to provide a network and constructive feedback on the residents’ artistic practice and goals.
DEADLINE December 8, 2019
ARTISTS NOTIFICATION December 10, 2019
PROGRAM LENGTH Start December 16 End May 31 2019
Studio space meetings once a month in the VAM Art Centre
Three mentorship dinners to be announced after acceptance
For program details and timeline, click here: https://www.visualartsmississauga.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/VAMs-Creative-Residency-2019-Application.pdf
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Artists 18-29 years of age may submit images of current artwork for consideration.
- Artists must be attending classes or residing in Mississauga for the duration of the program (December 2019-June 2020).
- Artists may submit artwork demonstrating use of traditional and new media.
- All work submitted for consideration must be original and recent (2017-present).
- Submissions may be 2-dimensional (painting, drawing etc), 3-dimensional works such as sculpture, installation, or multimedia (experimental or new media work is highly encouraged).
- Artists must provide a cover letter explaining their type of work and how you would benefit from the program.
- Artists will be notified of the exact program timeline at the time of acceptance.
APPLICATION CHECK LIST & ENTRY DEADLINE
Deadline for application is December 8, 2019. Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Creative Residency. Please label all attached files following the format: Last name First Name name of file. Please submit the following with the attached entry form:
- Artist statement and CV.
- Cover Letter explaining your type of work and how this program would benefit your practice.
- 5 JPG images (300 dpi) of work representative of your practice. 1 minute of video may be substituted for the images. Please send a web link for video submissions via google docs, dropbox, vimeo, youtube, website etc.
- A separate document listing submitted images indicating artist name, title, dimensions (in inches), medium and date.
Applications received that are missing any of the above pieces of information will be considered incomplete and will not be submitted to the committee for review. It is up to the applicant to ensure that their application is complete.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, December 8. For program details and timeline, click here: https://www.visualartsmississauga.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/VAMs-Creative-Residency-2019-Application.pdf
VAM’s Creative Residency is proudly supported by the Ontario Arts Council.
VAM is located at 4170 Riverwood Park Lane in Mississauga.
Please call 905-277-4313 or visit http://www.visualartsmississauga.com for more.
Follow VAM on Twitter @VisualArtsMiss, on Instagram @visualartsmississauga and Facebook.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, December 8.