Border Crossings Magazine: Special Projects Director and Administrative Assistant
BORDER CROSSINGS MAGAZINE
Job Posting: Winnipeg, Canada
Border Crossings requires an individual to fill the position of Special Projects Director and Administrative Assistant
Border Crossings seeks an experienced and passionate professional for the position of Special Projects Director and Administrative Assistant to the Editor. This position plays a fundamental and key role in the daily operations of the magazine. It requires an organized and highly motivated individual who is skilled in the area of graphic design and has a keen interest in marketing.
This position involves fundraising development, website maintenance and social media marketing in development and promotion, in-house graphic design and assisting the editor with correspondence, archiving, grant writing and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate discipline such as English, Fine Arts, Creative Communications, Advertising and/or Marketing.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience required.
- Clear, concise, efficient communication skills
- Superior written and graphic design skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure/time constraints
- Strong time, management and organizational skills
- The ability to design a variety of promotional materials for print and digital media including; ads, direct mail packages, digital graphics, posters, brochures
- A well-developed attention to detail and a natural curiosity
- The ability to prepare final files for press and web production
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Office programs in a Mac based environment
- Familiarity with local, provincial and national funding agencies and foundation grant application processes is an asset
- An interest in and familiarity with visual arts and the arts community, locally and internationally
Deadline for Applications: February 12, 2019
Start Date: March 1, 2019
This position is 4 days a week.
Candidates should forward a CV, a cover letter, and a portfolio (PDF) of design/ creative work along with two references (min.) to email@example.com