Looking for a unique opportunity to learn a fun and exciting trade? Bergeron Art + Frame shop is hiring a part-time (12+ hours) individual with an appreciation for fine art and design.
Experience is not necessary but an excellent customer service attitude is. The select candidate will have a professional attitude, excellent work ethic and be extremely detailed oriented. He/she will work well in a small team and have excellent communication skills and high standards.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Client-facing sales – design custom framing jobs with clients
- Fitting (assemble projects)
- Organize corner samples
- Cut matboards with a manual and computerized mat cutter
- Handle and cut glass
- Proper handling of art
- Dust, clean, vacuum
- Lift and carry heavy boxes of glass
- Hang art
- Take photos of completed pieces
Additional responsibilities that can be learned based on your interest include:
- Cutting and joining frames using saws and other machinery
- Stretching canvases
- Post completed projects to social media and manage social accounts/website
The ability to read a ruler (imperial units) or learn quickly is required. An art background and knowledge of materials are helpful.
We offer a creative work atmosphere and provide a fixed or flexible work schedule. A 20% discount on custom framing and supplies is available.
- regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching and stretching
- ability to move throughout the store
- ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- lifting heavy boxes and frames and accessing high shelves by ladder or similar equipment
Posted May 2023
Interested parties are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to Laura Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org